#1 07-09-2007 11:40 am

bubai
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 41

july animation bubai

here my progress. If any suggession please!

Direct Link

#2 07-09-2007 12:37 pm

spider77
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 38

Re: july animation bubai

hey i saw the animation . i like the first part where u have the two char. interacting , here r  few things, the andy char. stops in a wierd manner .ad some cushion. Alfreds animation looks pose to pose right now .im sure u must be working on it
otherwise its coming out good
Enjoy

#3 07-09-2007 1:38 pm

Lokihaus
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 37

I like the animation but I don't feel the gag.  I think the stripes dude should look upward inquisitively thinking, getting the poses more expressive... then snapping up those sissors to punch up the gag.  But the feel of the interaction of the characters is good... I just think Mr. Stripes needs more expressiveness.

#4 07-09-2007 2:55 pm

bubai
Upright Citizen

hi lokihaus and spider77 thanks for your suggession, but one thing is my stripes dude have no intension to punch the first guy, he likes to play only and at the end he will smile because the first guy afraid and agree with him. I have not completed expression yet.

#5 07-09-2007 9:23 pm

Lokihaus
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 37

no, not to literally punch the other character smile  I'm saying to make the poses more expressive and snappier.

#6 07-09-2007 9:44 pm

stirpicus
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 33

If I can add a comment, I think it  would be more effective if the striped character snapped the scissors SHUT instead of OPEN. That to me seems more threatening and would match the sound effect more..

Because I have a pair of scissors here, but no matter how much I open them I can't get that sound..

Otherwise, this is looking really good!

See my other art at EricStirpe.com!

#7 07-10-2007 4:23 am

gittens7
Rockstar
Karmojo: 72

i agree with eric about the scissors, i would even give  the stripe guy a more threatening pose, to show he has the power, may be he snaps the scissors towards the other character, looking good

#8 07-10-2007 1:14 pm

bubai
Upright Citizen

hey guys, here is my refining alfred action, let me know about that. please!

Direct Link

#9 07-10-2007 1:25 pm

praveen
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

hi bubai,

from the second video, it looks like you are going pretty good with it... some good poses, actions and timing but for me : the camera looks bit confusing with immediate cuts (this is only 'my view' roll on it)... other than this it is very much lively... rock on.. cool

-praveen

#10 07-11-2007 5:14 am

bubai
Upright Citizen

thanks to all of you. I have completed the final pass and here it is. Thanks to everybody for their suggession.

stirpicus and gittens7 I have tested it today morning with my mom's big iron scissor and it sounds likes that but when i shut it, it gives a sound but that was different. so i think test with a big scissor.

according to my story the striped guy is not showing his power, first time he wanted to open the mail but next time he upset for the man's speech and then he decided to play and thats why he makes sound like that but it makes him a big smile because the good speaker afraid by this small sound.

Thanks again and any suggession. please!

Direct Link

#11 07-11-2007 6:11 am

mayanimator
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 32

Hi looking good.....
When he say wait......more anticipation need in head...and his body look straight  in hole shot. u can add little arc spine... while he say "all done" he didn't saw other char and show his reaction ....so let him see ....

nice going keep it up....

#12 07-11-2007 11:26 pm

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Hey bubai!  This is looking great! 

On the striped guy, I think he's looking good, but he does too many head turns at the end.  You could get the same effect with fewer head turns, and it's always good to be more simple with poses when you can be.  I would take out the last look he does to the other guy before he opens the scissors.  That will make it cleaner and easier to read his look back after he opens the scissors.  Otherwise he's looking good.

For the other guy:  His head is too stiff when he gets pushed back at the beginning, it needs to drag more before rotating back, so it doesn't look like his body is one stiff object. 

In the second shot, his hand is going behind the other character.  Generally you should try to avoid losing important hand gestures behind other objects, so if you can, you should move the character further to screen left in that cut so we can see his whole body the entire time.  If you're doing this all in one file that might require a "cheat", moving the character's placement node just for that one cut, then moving it back.

In the last shot, you have a lot of hand gestures, and I think you could combine two of them into one:  instead of bringing his hand into a fist, then dropping it lower, I would hold the "stop" hand gesture longer, then drop it straight into the second fist pose, skipping the middle fist pose.  That would help simplify things.

Looking good overall, great work!  smile

#13 07-12-2007 2:10 pm

bubai
Upright Citizen

Thanks aja for your advise. Yes, should be simple and minimum pose. Here is my final pass 2, check it out and tell me about that. If any suggession, please!

Direct Link

Thanks!

#14 07-12-2007 3:51 pm

Grim Eddy
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 32

its looking real good bubai. there is one thing that is bothering me, and that is the camera. at least, i feel you should pull the camera out just a little bit or something, because the purple character with the scissors creates a tangent with the screen edge. my eye keeps getting attracted to the point of tangency and it takes me away from the rest of your animation.

Animator in Progress

Board footer