#1 04-07-2008 2:05 pm

avneriginal
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 53

Revising my March piece

Based on the feedback and critiques I got from people in the last competition, I have decided to try and add that element of finesse my animation was lacking.

One of the comments I received was about hitting “invisible walls

#2 04-07-2008 5:02 pm

Toutouffe
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

Re: Revising my March piece

I prefer the acting choices in the first piece you made (the one submitted).
because here we don't feel the emotion that much. Especially from frame 50 to 110, it's pretty empty.
I know it's pretty frustrating to hear, but I'd go back to the acting choices of the first version and change it with what you've learned doing the second one.
The point that needs the most work is when he points at himself. The hand positions, and the finger movement doesn't seem normal.
The rest I find is pretty good. Might want te smooth the pointing towards the door, but it's a solid base.

#3 04-16-2008 5:17 am

avneriginal
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 53

Re: Revising my March piece

Thanks for your thoughts Toutouffe, once I tried to simplify the pointing finger I realised the entire shot was too overacted, so I decided to tone it down and keep the acting within the poses.

Here is the one I ended up with.
(It could use another polishing pass I reckon).
Any crits and comments are welcome.

http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/2008/04 … cond-club/

Board footer