#1 06-25-2007 11:40 pm

scaloso
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 33

june competition

hi everybody!!!!!

here is my final step for june competition!!!!
I didn't have many time to work, but i try..............

Direct Link

tell me your suggestions!!!

#2 06-26-2007 3:55 am

Cheeto
Tipster
Karmojo: 29

Re: june competition

Hey scaloso,

I like the raising tension of the body at the end, nice idea there.  As you pose out your character, I think you could push for stronger line of action and clearer staging.  Staging characters straight forward is usually a tough way to do it, and not quite as interesting as a three-quarter view.

Also, when she says "town", there's quite an accent on that word that isn't reflected in your animation.  The biggest action of that phrase should usually be on the biggest accent, so when you plan out your scenes, one of the first things to do is to figure out where the accents are.

Lastly, keep workin on your overshoots and residual movement, so the character doesn't "hit a wall" (forgive the cliche).  Anticipation, overshoot and slow out timing can really help the movement to feel more weighty too.

Good job, keep up the hard work!

Kyle Mohr | Character Animator
www.kylemohr.com
http://kylemohr.blogspot.com

#3 06-26-2007 2:12 pm

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Hey Daniele!  You're off to a good start here!  I like the staging, but I think you could pull the camera in closer, so we can see more of her upper body and face acting.  One thing I'm noticing is that the face has a lot of squash and stretch in the beginning, more than I think it should have for this audio.  The nostrils are also moving more than I'd expect, you could tone that down some.  Her right arm pops as she's about to push herself up, her right knee does too.  Both hands pop when she puts them on the table, if that's an IK/FK pop you'll need to go through and key it frame-by frame around that spot to match up closer. 

Good acting choices, though, this is a good start!  Looking foward to the next pass.  smile

#4 06-26-2007 8:28 pm

scaloso
Upstanding Citizen

Tank's  for your notes!!!!

I hope to have time for fix my work, in time for competition.
I'm not a 3d animator, i try to create a more realistic animation, in the biginnig i exagerate whit pose ......
but...............nothing good................
than i work whit less pose, but working on CG make my forgot any anticipation and accent.
I don't know why.....but i did it!
Thank you againe

#5 06-28-2007 9:32 pm

scaloso
Upstanding Citizen

here some correction of my work!!!!
A litle bit overanimated ..... i admit, maybe better; let me know!
tank you.

Direct Link

Board footer