#1 10-14-2007 3:41 pm

JamesEK4
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

*Which character to use?*

Hi guys, im new to the site, I was on 10 sec club a lot when it was around and have only just found you guys here! just been having a look around and at the work of the previous months and have to say its looking really good, very inspirational work!  I look forward to meeting you all.

Now onto my question - I was going to have a go at next months comp but I'm now thinking of having a go at this months competition instead but am a little stuck on which character to use? I only have Maya 5, the only characters I have are, Package Man, Generi Rig (blue guy) Theo (superkid) and this kinda geeky kid. Now I was going to use the package man rig as it is nice to work with but visually may not come across with this months sound file.  I'm thinking of keeping it quite serious and the package man is only in his pants lol

Any help or ideas or even if anyone has a good rig for Maya 5, I would be very grateful

Thanks peeps

James.

#2 10-16-2007 1:35 am

NimbleRod
Participator
Karmojo: 6

Re: *Which character to use?*

I like the Generi Rig.  He's naked I guess, but really, he's pretty versatile.  He can work in a serious scene.  He's also got a pretty good facial setup, which I've found to be pretty rare in free rigs.

You could check out all the rigs on this page...

http://www.11secondclub.com/resources/

...but I'd just use Generi if you've already got him.

#3 10-16-2007 6:38 pm

sadgemo
Tipster
Karmojo: 30

I also really like generi, but I find that package man is easier to use and almost as versatile. My only erk with him is that those huge glasses take away the expressions you would be able to get with eye lines in other characters. I guess its more of what your going for in your piece and its ultimately up to you, so good luck sir!

#4 10-16-2007 7:16 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

You can remove PackageMan's glasses if you'd like.  Just thought I would let you know in case you weren't aware.

Last edited by RyanHagen (10-16-2007 7:16 pm)

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#5 10-16-2007 9:11 pm

JamesEK4
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

oh how do you remove the glasses? didnt know that, oh and im having a few issues, when I move the whole charcter the two blue spine controllers stay where they are and don't move with the rest of the rig, any ideas?

Thanks guys, might have a go with generi rig

Board footer