#1 06-21-2007 1:09 pm

bubai
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 41

latest animation critique

this is my latest animation test, please critisize me if possible for my better improvement.

link is

Direct Link

thanks,
soumitra saha

#2 06-21-2007 6:02 pm

Russ
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 40

Re: latest animation critique

Purely for the animation it's not bad for an early run though,I would work on your holds more, the characters are to floaty through most of it. U've got some strong poses but they need to hold them longer

The biggest problem I see is your audio choice, I immediately thought of Toy Story and that right there made me compare your work to pixar. An unwritten rule that to my knowledge most animators live by is do not use audio from animation, especially from popular movies. Why, cause like myself, people that know the movie and the scene will instantly compare them. Now your works not bad, but it's not pixar. If your looking for a good audio clip try here...

http://dailywav.com/index.php

TONS of great clips, from new and old movies... a lot of stuff a movie buff like myself haven't heard before, which IMO is what you want. A clip from some long forgotten movie/actor/actress that way people don't compare what you did to the original.

"RULE 1- Life  is not fair - get used to it."
    "Dumbing Down our Kids" by Charles Sykes

#3 06-22-2007 2:46 am

bubai
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 41

Re: latest animation critique

thanks russ for your critique, i will remember it next time definitely.

Board footer