#1 08-16-2007 7:36 pm

spider77
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 38

RUN CYCLE WIP

hi,
Here is  a run cycle i am working on these days, Its a WIP
This is  Great Dane Rig which u can download from Highend3d.com.
I am struggling with this rig ,as its like a broken hierarchy  which is new fr me,but otherwise its a great rig(LOW RES), I wish if i can get the complete Render Geo .

Comments please.

Direct Link

Karan

Last edited by spider77 (08-17-2007 3:34 am)

#2 09-08-2007 2:33 am

MABManZ
Tipster
Karmojo: 28

Re: RUN CYCLE WIP

but pretty good to me but I have little experience animating quadrupeds

#3 09-09-2007 6:34 am

Mythsnlore
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79

Re: RUN CYCLE WIP

I think the principal of this animation is sound but I have some general advice for your animation, and this will probably apply to anything you animate. I notice there's a bit of a sudden change in direction on the head and paws during the run cycle and that is greatly detracting from the fluidity of this run.

What my real point is, is that everything in an animation frame needs to RELATE to the surrounding frames in a strong and easily recognizable way. This means that the head and paws just came from somewhere and are about to go somewhere, so we need to see the overlap, the squash and stretch, the line of action, the spacing, etc all broadcasting to us in one frame both what just happened to the figure and what is about to happen to it.

I know this is pretty vague and broad advice but I hope it helps. Let me know if this doesn't make any sense and I'll try to elaborate further! smile

Last edited by Mythsnlore (09-09-2007 6:35 am)

Board footer