#1 08-06-2007 7:14 am

flashmario
Tipster
Karmojo: 30

Ninja Animation

Hi everyone,

I could use some feedback on my most recent work, thanks!
http://students.washington.edu/erh2/3d/ninja4.avi

#2 08-06-2007 5:23 pm

Agent0069
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 59

Re: Ninja Animation

Hey flashmario,
The very first thing I noticed was that the red ninja was running in the first shot and in the second shot he wasn't continuing the run. I would just cut a second (more or less) off the beginning of the second shot. As for the animation it's looking pretty good. I think the main thing that needs a little more work is the weight of the characters especially the guy falling he looks like he's simulated and not animated. Keep it up it's looking good.

"Pick a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."
www.jamiegiger.com

#3 08-06-2007 8:14 pm

flashmario
Tipster
Karmojo: 30

I totally agree with you on the continuity of the first and second shot.  Thanks for the great comments!

#4 08-10-2007 12:57 am

daniel_huertas
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 47

check the push off when the ninja starts running.. it looks a little floaty and weightless.. the same with the jump.. the arc of the center of mass is almost a straight line.. for tha amount of distance of a jump it should snap the sword a lot lower in frame..  keep it up!

#5 08-30-2007 7:21 pm

GingerDave
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

Looking good.

The cut as mentioned above needs looking at.

And maybe you could get some more anicipation in that leading arm of his, he kinda just puts it out there rather than using it to set off.

Another thing about the start, he's mainly upright throughout the run, maybe you could have his start a little bit lower down and gradually build to his leap?

Great overall and the end looks sweet!

The Dude abides

#6 08-31-2007 7:19 pm

vstudio
Rockstar
Karmojo: 80

cool,
besides the comments you already got from the other members, i would also consider having the last cut while he's jumping. i mean, start the jump in the previous cut and continue it in the last, might be a bit better...
other than that, indeed , the start of the run can be more decisive, he is determined to run and catch the bad guy, now he looks like he's hesitating a little before starting to run.
i would also check out his poses while in the air, some don't look very natural/powerful...
but anyway! nice work mate, keep it up!

Freelance 3D Animator/Artist
https://www.artstation.com/artist/virg87

Board footer