2018 July Competition Brainstorming Thread

Discuss

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#2 07-03-2018 6:24 pm

xxxstormydaysxxx

Re: 2018 July Competition Brainstorming Thread

I know this is a good audio clip to work with animation wise but i ran into a block with this hmm Cant figure out how to animate this. Can anyone brainstorm with me? Maybe we can help each other come up with ideas smile

#3 07-05-2018 1:09 am

sagejulie7

Honestly I have found somewhat of a block on this one as well! Usually I’m sparking a couple different things. All I’ve come up with is that the first guy is totally excited to find an evil lair and the second guy is clueless. To me it seems more of a discussion OF an action instead of an actual scene where action can take part which makes it so difficult. All I’ve thought of is two people talking about an evil lair of roaches or someone’s tree house or something. I don’t know maybe the kids are being bullied kind of scenario and they wanna take the guys down??? I’m really trying here haha

#4 07-06-2018 8:32 pm

xxxstormydaysxxx

My thoughts exactly, they are talking more than doing anything else and there aren't any background sounds to give any indication for background effects of other characters hmm Maybe like you said the kids are playing the treehouse and fake acting and its somewhat a funny scene (in my mind). I had a few other ideas but there was always something wrong with each scene, so i don't know. I'm thinking of brainstorming some more for these two days.

#5 07-12-2018 1:58 pm

Pacifim

I'm making it like a serious scene, like two guys energize to found out the evil

#6 07-13-2018 3:05 pm

AidenYoung

I've played it very safe with my animation, as in, 2 dudes in a room talking somewhat expressively. But I'm curious whether originality of concept makes an impact on the voting?

For example, They could be in space, looking at a planet called Maryland dressed as astro opcoptus'. Would that be kind of unnecessary and animation quality is more important?

Same with the audio.. Would you say it's more important for animation style to be in sync with the audio? Or the more 'animated' they are, the better?

#7 07-14-2018 1:49 am

Rico Boy
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 45

I would say it's always important to match the tempo of the animation with the temp of the audio. When I would select reels the thing that would really bother me was seeing someone over animate an acting shot. When someone is making a character move way too much just because it shows they are not able to make clear and believable acting choices. Not everything needs to be moving all the time just because. Some of my favourite scenes in movies are the more subtle shots that have almost nothing going on but animation in the face.

An original idea always helps a little but don't make that your main focus. I'd rather watch beautiful animation with an average story then a great idea with subpar animation.

Board footer