#1 07-04-2018 2:10 pm

Rico Boy
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 45
Power Voter

June lip sync seems off?

Is it just my computer playing the audio back weird, or did a lot of people have trouble with the lip sync for the June competition?

#2 07-05-2018 10:26 am

heymikey
Rockstar
Karmojo: 80
Power Voter
Productive!

Re: June lip sync seems off?

Yah man...I can confidently say that I have a history of pretty solid lip sync in my shots, and this month was kind of a doosie for getting it to match up...the audio was very fast and condensed, so a lot of syllables weren't reading properly from an animation perspective. With that said, I have also noticed timing changes in the way 11secclub seems to be encoding my animations...I'm sure someone will comment here saying nothing has changed on their end, but I swear to god, after 7 years and 30 submissions, why would I be noticing my lip sync seems to be slightly off all of a sudden?
Also...this month only had like 65 submissions or something, and I honestly was not blown away by most of them...there really weren't any truly solid examples of someone hitting it out of the park on the lip sync this time, maybe one or two...I think mine was OK, but I would definitely not rate it among my best hmm ...definitely a tough audio to nail!

Did the audio seem way out of sync on all of them, or just poorly executed in general?..The former would point to your computer/internet connection needing a refresher...how off did everything seem? Did your own entry seem okay when you saw it? That has happened to me before...

Last edited by heymikey (07-05-2018 11:18 am)

#3 07-06-2018 4:24 am

Rico Boy
Upright Citizen
Power Voter

Ya I think some people just found this lip sync hard to nail down. Since it was so fast I think people thought they needed to make every mouth shape or something. Not that mine is great by any means, I literally only got 12 hours in before I had to jump on some more actual work. All I had time to do was press spline on my blocking pass... it's really a mess, kinda wish I didn't enter with a WIP piece

#4 07-06-2018 6:38 am

Easy619
Power Voter
Productive!

It was a difficult audio. Was really fast so it would take a pretty long time to get right. Rico boy I had actually liked your entry the most lol.

"Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." - Will Smith

#5 07-06-2018 11:28 am

Rico Boy
Upright Citizen
Power Voter

Haha thanks Easy619. Glad you liked it.

I've def learned with this site you need to render your shots tho. I feel like a lot of people starting out in animation automatically think if something is renderd that means it's better. They can get side tracked with how shinny the shot looks over how good the animation looks.

#6 07-06-2018 1:05 pm

Easy619
Power Voter
Productive!

Rico Boy wrote:

Haha thanks Easy619. Glad you liked it.

I've def learned with this site you need to render your shots tho. I feel like a lot of people starting out in animation automatically think if something is renderd that means it's better. They can get side tracked with how shinny the shot looks over how good the animation looks.

I totally agree. People get upset that shots aren’t only judged on the character animation. There’s also a huge bias for 2D entries.

"Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." - Will Smith

Board footer