#1 06-08-2018 1:36 am

Zeokar

Nurbs controls detached from arm with MoomRig

Hi
So recently I've been animating with the moomRig and I've encountered some problems with the arms.

Problem 1:
Everytime I save the save/exit the file and jump back in, the arm would be in a different place

Problem 2:
I've set every attribute on the arms/shoulders to 0 in the picture below, the first picture nurb controls are out of place and can't rotate the elbows properly.

The second picture is the untouched rig in T pose with everything working as intended.

https://i.imgur.com/9e0fzfA.png
Is there anyway to fix this? Or do I have to animate everything again?

#2 06-11-2018 3:39 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Nurbs controls detached from arm with MoomRig

Have you accidentally placed keys on the joints?  I haven't touched the MooM rig for quite a long time, but that would be first thing I would check.  I'm not sure what version of maya you're using, if it's 2016 or later, try turning Evaluation to "DG" instead of "parallel" in the animation preferences.  If neither of those solve the problem I will see if I can find a solution for you.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 06-12-2018 2:13 pm

Zeokar

RyanHagen wrote:

Have you accidentally placed keys on the joints?  I haven't touched the MooM rig for quite a long time, but that would be first thing I would check.  I'm not sure what version of maya you're using, if it's 2016 or later, try turning Evaluation to "DG" instead of "parallel" in the animation preferences.  If neither of those solve the problem I will see if I can find a solution for you.

Hey Ryan
I checked the joints and I didn't find any keys, they were hidden as well so I couldn't have touched them. Evaluation is already on DG. Also I'm using 2018 maya.

#4 06-12-2018 4:32 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Did you by chance delete history vs delete history type/non-deformer?  Did you by chance add a blendshape or anything to the deformation hierarchy that would require you to reorder the deformer stack?  Those are the only things coming to mind currently, i'll keep thinking.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#5 06-17-2018 7:34 am

Zeokar

RyanHagen wrote:

Did you by chance delete history vs delete history type/non-deformer?  Did you by chance add a blendshape or anything to the deformation hierarchy that would require you to reorder the deformer stack?  Those are the only things coming to mind currently, i'll keep thinking.

I doubt it, I was just animating as usual not touching anything that would change the rig. I'm guessing it's got to do with the nurb control on his right hand? It's out of place. And that's the only arm that I couldn't rotate the elbow properly. I just can't remember what I did to move it out of place.

Board footer