#1 10-05-2017 3:49 pm

Slothsin
Power Voter

Switching constraints in Maya

Hello everyone! i am having trouble in animating constraints in maya.. like its a sword that's constrained with right hand.. after few frames it animates freely without any constraint and after that gets constrained with left hand.. then after animating again with the left hand it animates freely and goes to right hand .. pretty confusing i know but if you know a way then please help me!

#2 10-05-2017 4:51 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Switching constraints in Maya

zvParentMaster....I can't recommend this enough, read the text and watch the tutorials provided on how to use it.

If you have constraints setup already, you would need to animate the weights of the constraint.  If that's not working for you, it's a bit hard to give any more assistance without having the scene in front of me.

I'm also going to move this to software trouble forum.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 10-06-2017 6:07 am

Slothsin
Power Voter

even i don't want to use a tool for this.. it's more like a puzzle that i need to solve.. thanks anyways smile

#4 10-06-2017 4:11 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

If you want to understand what's going on with constraints on a technical level, I suggest you play a lot with it not in an animation scene, but with a new scene using only spheres and cubes, practice and see what everything does and how everything works.

-Zeth

#5 10-07-2017 6:23 am

Slothsin
Power Voter

i did just as you said and came up with something.. i am applying it in a scene right now smile

Board footer