#1 09-21-2017 2:53 am

DudeFace795

New texture doesn't move with character

Hi everyone,

I've tried everything I know, and can't seem to figure it out...I projected a texture onto a character's shirt (the Animsquad Jack rig), deleted non-deformer history, made a texture reference object, and the texture still stays put, projected onto that specific space instead of sticking to his shirt. How can I fix this?

#2 09-21-2017 1:25 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: New texture doesn't move with character

Does the character not have UVs?  If it does, I would use the existing UVs to texture vs projection mapping.  Are you using MR or Arnold as your renderer?  I believe there are different ways to do it, but I would try selecting the geo, then selecting the shader then in the hypershade Edit dropdown select convert to file texture and see if that fixes it for you.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 09-21-2017 7:57 pm

DudeFace795

Re: New texture doesn't move with character

I don't think he has UVs from the get-go, so I went with projection mapping. I'll try just straight unwrapping him next, though. I'll also try that Hypershade way, thank you! I'm not rendering just yet, I'm just trying to get it to show up in Viewport 2.0, so that may be part of the issue as well. Either way, thanks for the response!

Board footer