#1 07-26-2017 2:39 pm

bentraje

Constrain Pole Vector<Solved>

I'm trying to animate an exercise with some sort of push-up constrained to an overhanging pole. I had my legs set to IK, but when I try to rotate the hips, the knees intersect with the pole. Is there a way to prevent the pole from moving, and to have a smooth workflow in the process.

You can see an illustration of the problem here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3zvwlj2b9n58 … e.mp4?dl=0

Thank you for your time.

#2 07-26-2017 4:39 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Constrain Pole Vector<Solved>

What you're looking for is a "knee pinning" feature.  Which i'm not sure comes with that rig.  The other workaround is to animate as you want, and then go in and clean that up with counter animation, which will be a pain, but needed, if you want it to look right.  Constraining the PV's with the current setup won't solve the issue you're having unfortunately.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 07-26-2017 6:33 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

You can change to FK and do a reverse FK chain that would control your controls, it sounds like a lot of work but it would save you from counteranimating D:

-Zeth

#4 07-27-2017 12:50 am

bentraje

@RyanHagen

Oh thanks for the tip. I remember that Mery has one and checked it and that was exactly I was looking for. Yes, the rig I am currently using does not have it.

@zethicus

Naah, I guess I'll defer this animation a bit. It was just some of my random physical exercise. Thanks for the response! smile

Board footer