#1 07-03-2017 5:18 am

Evelyn3D

Animation Showreel 2017 - 3D, 2D Traditional

Just put together a new reel for this year. I decided to incorporate my 2D, Traditional and 3D while having a little fun with music to give it a little personality. You might see a some of my animations from our 11 second competitions here wink
Hope you guys like it, and any comments and feedback are Very Welcome! smile

I would call this my general reel while still making new reels oriented to studio's style and needs while applying.

Direct Link

#2 07-03-2017 8:36 am

snuffymcsnuff

Re: Animation Showreel 2017 - 3D, 2D Traditional

This would definitely work best as a general reel and not one you'd send to studios. Not that it's bad, just that it's pretty long. Your 3D stuff is really nice, the 2D stuff could use some work (that said, kudos for doing both at all, 2D can be such a b*tch). I'm not sure about having the "lovestruck" clip in there though (the one with the baseball), it doesn't display a whole lot of animation.

Last edited by snuffymcsnuff (07-03-2017 9:22 am)

#3 07-16-2017 1:05 pm

Evelyn3D

Yea, a generalist reel is what this pretty much is smile more for freelance work where if someone is questioning what I can do vs how good I can animate.
thanks for the feedback. I will probably update this again once I gather up another few new shots and maybe even pushing some of these 2D shots further like the letter pencil delivery test.

#4 07-16-2017 2:40 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

In general, I would say it's really quite long.  I might suggest that you really pick through your shots and determine which best shows off your abilities while also showing the range of your abilities. I personally would shoot for a 1.5 minute reel.  As an editing suggestion I would drop the music under the clips that have audio. Initially, it was a bit hard to read the title card you have for your information, I had to go back to really look at it, it's all competing for your attention there.   Nice work in there, I just feel it's a little long.  Keep rockin'

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

Board footer