#1 07-13-2017 3:52 am

bentraje

Editable Motion Trail in Maya not Working<Solved>

Hi. I'm having problem with the Editable Motion Trail in Maya. It appears on a regular cube but not the rig. Are there any other settings I am missing out?

For illustration, please see file here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/synhrqco95twa … l.mp4?dl=0

Thank you in advance.

#2 07-13-2017 1:05 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Editable Motion Trail in Maya not Working<Solved>

Can you explain your process of attempting to add the EMT to the rig please?  The image you've included shows that EMT is in fact working on the simple object.  Are you selecting the rig control, and then applying it to that?  If not, it won't work.  You need to apply it to objects, curves, etc with animation applied to them.  If you're selecting the squirrel object and trying to apply it to that, it will not work, as you haven't directly animated the squirrel object, you've animated the rig controls.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 07-14-2017 1:43 pm

bentraje

Re: Editable Motion Trail in Maya not Working<Solved>

RyanHagen wrote:

Can you explain your process of attempting to add the EMT to the rig please?  The image you've included shows that EMT is in fact working on the simple object.  Are you selecting the rig control, and then applying it to that?  If not, it won't work.  You need to apply it to objects, curves, etc with animation applied to them.  If you're selecting the squirrel object and trying to apply it to that, it will not work, as you haven't directly animated the squirrel object, you've animated the rig controls.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry took me a while to respond but yes you are right! I need to apply it to objects, curves, etc with animation applied to them rather than the geometry itself.

Board footer