#1 06-30-2017 6:21 am

kegawa

Global rotation issue <Solved>

Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble with a bird rig I've made.

Every time his global control is rotated in the X axis part of his wing blows up but if I rotate it back just slightly the wing snaps back into place. This is especially irritating because having to correct the global control that way messes up my arcs and is just not ideal. It only seems to happen on his left wing even though both the left and right were rigged the same.

http://i63.tinypic.com/29qcu9i.png
http://i64.tinypic.com/ac2yyq.png

I've tried adding different constraints, putting objects into new groups with new constraints, rerigging the feathers altogether, and a combination of all three and nothing seems to come even close to fixing it.

Does anyone have any idea why my global control is causing this to happen?

#2 06-30-2017 7:48 am

vijaybisht

Re: Global rotation issue <Solved>

upload that rig may some one help u

#3 06-30-2017 3:04 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

Make sure whatever's driving your wings rotation is parented to what drives the bird's rotation. Apparently what drives the wing's rotation is parented to the world.

-Zeth

#4 07-01-2017 5:10 pm

kegawa

Both wings use the same driver hierarchy set up and I couldn't find any discrepancies when comparing their connections side by side.

I did some more animation with the wings going from flap to fold and the issue doesn't happen anywhere else? My scene is set to inches and the character moves across the scene about 606 inches (the issue happens at the 355 inch mark). Does maya just not like large spacial movement or something? I've never moved a character across a scene so far before and am still at a loss

#5 07-01-2017 5:46 pm

kegawa

Incredible. I set some keys to try to counter animate the issue, didn't like the way it looked and deleted them.
Wing fixed itself.

Thanks for the tips anyway, guys! I still have no idea what the issue was but it seems to have been fixed and hopefully it'll be just as simple to correct if it happens again

#6 07-01-2017 10:18 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

kegawa wrote:

Incredible. I set some keys to try to counter animate the issue, didn't like the way it looked and deleted them.
Wing fixed itself.

Thanks for the tips anyway, guys! I still have no idea what the issue was but it seems to have been fixed and hopefully it'll be just as simple to correct if it happens again

I'm still curious though! If you want to, I can check out the rig. Cheers!

-Zeth

#7 07-01-2017 10:40 pm

kegawa

zethicus wrote:

kegawa wrote:

Wing fixed itself.

I'm still curious though! If you want to, I can check out the rig. Cheers!

I plan on releasing this rig publicly and will likely be posting it here! I need people other than myself to test its usability. After I finish my test animation I'll put it up smile

Board footer