#1 06-04-2017 5:33 am

animguy

Frame by frame audio scrubbing?<Solved>

I wasn't able to find anything about it, but I was just wondering if there was a way to make Maya play back the audio as I press Alt+. and Alt+, so that I can get the audio frame by frame without having to scrub with the mouse.

Is there a check box I'm missing somewhere?

#2 06-05-2017 1:11 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Frame by frame audio scrubbing?<Solved>

Can I ask why you would want that?  Its behaving properly not scrubbing the audio when moving forward and backward one frame.  I am curious though why you are wanting that, perhaps there's a solution to the main issue your having.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 06-06-2017 1:15 am

animguy

Mostly because I want to hear the specific sounds on each frame and tab through the animation frame by frame while still hearing the audio. My rig is pretty slow, so I can't do a regular playback, and I can't scrub through with the mouse and have any kind of easy control over what frame the playhead is on.

#4 06-06-2017 1:25 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

I don't believe that is an option, I could be wrong.  There are programs that allow you to do that though, I believe.  Flipbook might be one.  I haven't used that in a while.  What rig are you using?  What machine specs, can you hide things temporarily to quickly just scrub through the scene?  It may not be ideal, but I think it's the only way you can do that if you're rig is slowing maya down.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

Board footer