Discuss

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#2 06-01-2017 2:50 pm

ericraffle

Re: 2017 June Competition Brainstorming Thread

I like it, very awesome audio for this month,

off the top of my head i would do something along the lines of a police car with a cop standing half out the door with a mic in his one hand and as for the tapping sound at the end you could have another cop tapping on the other cops shoulder to let him know that the guy they picked up got away, and how the guy got away has something to do with his code name.

Good Luck !! And happy animating to all

#3 06-02-2017 10:50 pm

Boumboum34

Your first idea is likely to also be everyone else's first idea for this month's entry. So think further.

You can also take this in the other direction; instead of two good guys capturing a bad guy, why not two bad guys capturing a good guy? If you like comedy, think of who you'd *least* suspect of being a criminal. A pastor? A puppy? An infant in diapers?

Also, this "good guy" might actually be secretly a bad guy. Or a bad guy in good guy disguise. Or a genuinely good guy being falsely accused. Maybe one of the captors did the dirty deed and is framing the captive to cover up?

Perhaps the captive is some kind of scaredy-cat Don Knotts type who can't stop shaking violently from fear?

Or it's a cute cuddly baby animal with no idea what's going on, shown only at the end as the punch line?

#4 06-03-2017 5:29 pm

ericraffle

It doesn't matter if my idea is too predictable, what matters is how I act out my scene , how I animate my characters, how much feeling and emotion I give to the audience, the fact that it's predictable doesn't really matter.  Just have fun, but thanks for your message

#5 06-03-2017 5:34 pm

Easy619
Productive!

ericraffle wrote:

It doesn't matter if my idea is too predictable, what matters is how I act out my scene , how I animate my characters, how much feeling and emotion I give to the audience, the fact that it's predictable doesn't really matter.  Just have fun, but thanks for your message

I agree with this. We've all seen super heros save the day. How it gets done is what makes it stand out.

"Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." - Will Smith

#6 06-04-2017 1:35 am

Boumboum34

ericraffle: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I phrased my post badly. I wasn't referring to you. That was a general plural "you" as in "you, gentle reader". I just thought a few contestants might like to do something other than the obvious "cop nabs bad guy", this being an ideas thread and all.

I agree with you about execution. A great idea, poorly executed, won't win the contest. Great execution will.

#7 06-04-2017 7:40 am

ericraffle

It's cool, have a great day

Board footer