#1 04-12-2017 6:18 pm

longhornsniper

Rigs Make Maya slow down<Solved>

I've been working on this one piece for a while, but it seems as though the rigs in the project have gotten to heavy on the history attached to them that it makes Maya so slow its unusable, when i try and make Maya play at real speed or even just scrub the frames, it skips frames making it impossible to finish the project. I know its a rig issue because earlier in the project I imported new clean versions of the rig and copied all of the animation over to them from the slower rigs it ran fine, until now. Though that process was a real pain I was wondering if there is something im missing or anything I can do to get Maya running back at normal speed.
If it helps at all im using Maya 2017 and the CG Ray Rig and Mary Rig.

#2 05-08-2017 3:30 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Rigs Make Maya slow down<Solved>

Sorry for the late response.  CGTarian Ray is extremely slow, I have a machine that is insanely powerful and that rig still lags a bit for me.  If you're not on an fast machine, I would definitely recommend using a different rig.  I turn off all the face vis controls and other things I don't need when animating with him, which makes him run a bit faster, but other than that, there's nothing you can do really.  It's unfortunate, I like the rig and the character is appealing.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 04-05-2018 8:30 pm

RosmaV

Hi, I'm also having trouble with an AM rig (I'm a student there) is there any way of knowing if Aia also makes Maya sluggish?
Thanks!

#4 04-05-2018 8:33 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen

Could you post more info about your scene please?  What kind of slowdown are you experiencing, what are your viewport settings, do you have evaluation set to DG instead of parallel?  etc

Ryan
Animator

#5 04-06-2018 12:01 am

RosmaV

Sorry for the late reply
-Could you post more info about your scene please?
I'm using two Aias with extra assets, already deleted the ones that I don't need. I had previously animated a scene with two Aias with customs assets just fine. I'm just trying to set up a layout so there isn't any animation involved, nor lighting. The other assets are a couch, a fishbowl, a pot and a table made by myself. I could check if the couch has something to do too... I'm using Maya 2015
-What kind of slowdown are you experiencing?
Selecting a control curve takes a lot of time to process the information, let alone move it to pose them. Before I could succesfully reference one of them into the scene maya froze multiple times without ever loading the character.
-What are your viewport settings?
Viewport 2.0 renderer
Do you have evaluation set to DG instead of parallel?
I don't understand this last question, but if you need more information let me know!
Somebody suggested reseting the prefs so I guess I'll give that a try.

#6 04-06-2018 1:05 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen

Everything sounds fine according to the info you supplied.  As for the last question, setting your evaluation to DG can be done in the preferences, under the animation section at the very top.  Parallel seems to slow things down for some people, changing it to DG sometimes speeds things up.  I would try that first, and then come back and let me know if that didn't work.

Ryan
Animator

Board footer