#1 04-18-2017 5:14 am

Ed
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51

Ianimate Viewpoint Error!!!<UnSolved>

Hey guys, so I've noticed that the controllers disappear on the rig when i switch to viewport 2.0. Anyone know what the problem is or have any solutions?! Thanks!

"From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own." -Publilius Syrus

#2 04-19-2017 2:31 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: Ianimate Viewpoint Error!!!<UnSolved>

Don't switch to VP2.0 while animating. This is the only solution I know of.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 04-21-2017 10:13 pm

Ed
Model Citizen

RyanHagen wrote:

Don't switch to VP2.0 while animating. This is the only solution I know of.

Lol. There has to be a simple fix, because it doesn't happen with the other IAnimate rigs, only this one. Viewpoint 2.0 is much faster than the regular.

#4 05-03-2017 6:20 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen

I've had the same issue, and really, the only solution is to switch to legacy high quality, which should be faster at updating than vp2.0.  If there's lag in your viewport when using that, it's not the setting that causing the lag most definitely.  I haven't worked with the iAnimate rigs, so I cant say specifically what's happening,  perhaps a texture issue?

Ryan
Animator

#5 05-03-2017 7:12 pm

Ed
Model Citizen

RyanHagen wrote:

I've had the same issue, and really, the only solution is to switch to legacy high quality, which should be faster at updating than vp2.0.  If there's lag in your viewport when using that, it's not the setting that causing the lag most definitely.  I haven't worked with the iAnimate rigs, so I cant say specifically what's happening,  perhaps a texture issue?

It's beyond frustrating, but I guess that's what playblasts are for. I don't see how it's a texture issue because the textures are showing up fine. It's the controls, i noticed that when I hide everything, that there're labeled as "locators" although I'm no sure what difference that would make. I'm the most technically savvy.

#6 05-03-2017 8:31 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen

Are they in a display layer that's got the visibility turned off? I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help, i'd ask you to share the scene, but obviously you can't do that because it's an iAnimate Rig.  Have you contact the fine folks at the school and asked if they had a solution?  That's all I can think of currently.

Ryan
Animator

#7 05-03-2017 11:09 pm

Ed
Model Citizen

RyanHagen wrote:

Are they in a display layer that's got the visibility turned off? I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help, i'd ask you to share the scene, but obviously you can't do that because it's an iAnimate Rig.  Have you contact the fine folks at the school and asked if they had a solution?  That's all I can think of currently.

They are but they are marked as visible. I don't know if they would respond since I'm not currently an active student. I know they have a board on the site where you express your difficulties with the rig but it's only available if your actively taking a class. Anyways, thanks for the help!

Board footer