#1 03-14-2017 5:56 pm

Luke89

March 2017 WIP

Hi, this is my first entry, any feedback is appreciated smile

Direct Link

Last edited by Luke89 (03-14-2017 6:01 pm)

#2 03-15-2017 8:58 am

Rayk

Re: March 2017 WIP

Hi, Luke89! Welcome! : )
I like where this is going, but there's not much to review yet! One thing you could do is to work on your staging so we can see more of their expressions. Also, i think you could centralize the characters just a bit, so to make a little room on the edges for the composition to "breath".
Hope to see more from you soon!

#3 03-15-2017 2:55 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

I agree with Rayk, I would suggest better staging of your scene.  Right now it's lacking interest compositionally.  Perhaps a two camera setup separating the lines in a convincing way.  I would suggest looking at reference from films to see how some of your favorite scenes are handled.

I would also suggest some stronger posing.  Consider what they're saying and then put some context behind it.  Write down their lines and then write down what they're really saying.  For example, "Barging in here, tryin to figure out if we're up to somethin, it's nice", could also be,  "we missed you being around here, giving you hard time, welcome back buddy", or "You think you can just come in here and run things after you've been gone for so long?".  That will give you some options to consider in their gestures and actions.  I would work your staging first and then address the posing after you've gotten a decent composition for your shots.  Keep rockin!!!

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#4 03-15-2017 6:04 pm

Luke89

Thanks for the feebdack, this is my today's work with lip sync and spline on a character. I'm focusing now only on the animation and acting, at the end I will add for sure something to create the scene. I have the story and the situation in mind. I don't know how to do two camera setup but I'll do it in any case, I agree that's the best choice for this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5OjST … e=youtu.be

#5 03-16-2017 1:00 pm

Sharkhead

Hello Luke,

One advice i could give is that be careful with those symetric movements of his arms. See that both of his arms moves at the same time, with the same timing? Try to change that, for example his right arms moves faster than his left arms, and then his left arms moves a little faster than his right arm, something like that for example, just to break this mirroed movement (what one arm do, the other does the same).

One other thing is try to add more poses to your character. See that sometimes he moves his arms, and then it feels like suddely he stopes moving and he is completly still in the air? Try to add one more pose, with a little of movement, just to break that feeling. The animation wil get more realistic.

Overall, i think you need to work at the stepped tangents, to get better spacing and timing, Silhouette of poses, and see if thats working better or not. Thats it, good luck and have fun big_smile

#6 03-20-2017 1:05 pm

Luke89

Thanks for the advice, here is some progress smile Working on the poses of the second character

Direct Link

#7 03-20-2017 1:10 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Good progress, I would suggest you film yourself, if possible acting this out, to get some ideas as to what you could do to break up the twinning you have happening.  Working in your blocking to switch up the timing of things, as everything is happening on the same beat.  Other than that, you're doing great, keep rockin!

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#8 03-22-2017 2:15 am

Bond_Savingsbond

As Ryan said good progress!  And shoot yourself acting the scene out (naturally as possible).

-When he says "you", I feel like the hand that comes from off his head should point at the other character when he says
"you".  Also, the character left hand needs a more readable pose instead of looking flat.

-The part where he begins to say "barging in here..."  I feel that the hands should hit that desk a lot sooner.

In the end, if you are able to get the body moving right then that is like 70% of the job done, keep it up.

#9 03-22-2017 11:19 am

Luke89

Thanks so much for the advices. I've tried to modify some timing of some poses and fully animated the other character. I'll try to make the last changes you suggested. Here is the progress

https://youtu.be/gtcBIv6QbrM

Board footer