#1 01-05-2017 2:51 pm

fanc3d

WIP Thread - January 2017

Blocking:

The video has two versions: one camera and a multi-camera shot I'd like the finished version to look like. The added cameras bring a depth to the personal conversation between the characters using the traditional master shot and then coming in closer. The bulk of the work isn't the cameras, though. I set them so I can capture this mood between them and keep track where hands should be seen.

SyncSketch version: https://syncsketch.com/sketch/123583#137121

Direct Link

Visit me at Fanc3d.com

#2 01-05-2017 7:34 pm

TMazzaglia

Re: WIP Thread - January 2017

2 things about the camera.

1. You are breaking the 180 degree rule with the camera cut. The second camera jumps over an imaginary line between the characters, causing them to seemingly switch places. There are many great YouTube videos explaining this more clearly.

2. The camera's focal length is too low, causing the guy character to look smaller then the woman. She looks like a giant compared to him. (Actually his global scale may just be too low. Make sure they are both the same scale.) I'd recommend a focal length of 50mm for a shot like this.

#3 01-05-2017 8:00 pm

fanc3d

Re: WIP Thread - January 2017

Thank you for viewing and your comments. Thank you for the advice and I'll fix the camera placement as well as the scaling. You know, Malcolm is huge at the start with his big ole hands and such. lol. They are both scaled the same but I'll work the focal length.

Visit me at Fanc3d.com

Board footer