#1 08-13-2016 2:05 am

leonjf

july submit

https://vimeo.com/178688937

hi there, i had participated with this animation in july, but i know there is a lot to me to learn, in first place the animation at the beginning is exagerated, and all the animation doesnt have the principles applied in a good way, i mean, i try to put the 12 principles of animation but i fail in the practice, i don't know wich way should i take. maybe there is a tutorial or a dvd to buy that you recommend me? or various tutorials that i can learn a lot of? i need a mentor but i don't have the money, waiting to see if someday i can save money to pay a course here in colombia, but i want to begin with online tutorials to polish my skills, any help? 2. what do you think of the tutorials of animation in gnomon workshop? thanks

#2 08-13-2016 6:30 pm

rixch9

Re: july submit

Hey there Colombia! tambien soy de Colombia (Barranquilla) seguirè hablando en ingles para que otros puedan opinar.
First I don't think you can find any decent level course of animation in Colombia, if you do, tell me about it. And about the principles they should become something natural with the practice. But go with simpler stuff so you have less in your mind while you are learning more about the 12 principles. Online tutorials are the best options for people like us who live in places with no animation industry.
A cheap and helpful website is digital tutors (now called pluralsight), you can learn a lot there by chosing the right courses and don't need to starve to pay it (unlike popular online courses).
Read books about animation to help you understand why you animate in a certain way.
Be patient and look at as many tutorial, reference, movies, animators as you can. And practice a lot.
I'm just learning also and in the same situation as you (not enough money) but I can assure you I've got better doing as I'm telling you.

Good luck bro, hope our ways cross some day.

#3 08-15-2016 5:12 am

leonjf

Re: july submit

yeah rixch9, probably i have too much stuff in my animations and i will begin with simple things, well we see next year if i have some progress, thanks and estamos hablando.

Board footer