#1 05-31-2016 4:44 am

Omassem

Question about collaborators

I've never done a competition, and I'm thinking about jumping in for the June contest, possibly working along with some friends. What's the general opinion on this? It's not against the rules as far as I can see, although people tend not to do so. People in this thread seem divided about the idea:

http://www.11secondclub.com/forum/viewt … p?id=21431

If people feel like this is unfair, what if we put a disclaimer on our submission stating that multiple people worked on it?

#2 05-31-2016 7:44 pm

ericraffle

Re: Question about collaborators

Hey there, it looks like you pretty much have your answer in that thread you posted, its obvious that some people would be against it, as that saying goes" two heads are better then one" or is it? Look as you said its your first time entering and if you feel you need some help to get your required results and it doesn't stipulate anywhere in the rules for 11 Second Club then go ahead with it, I personally think everyone gets a bit of help in their animation career, I don't think any animator has gone through their career or hobby as a animator without a bit of help, its how you learn its how you grow, if you had to do it all by yourself you would not get very far, myself and I always search Youtube,Vimeo,Interenet, the World Wide Web, what ever it may be I always search for ways to better myself,if you feel that will help you then go ahead with it,

There will be plenty that disagree and plenty that agree with what I say or you say or he/she say, let's not take this post to the next level like the post you sent as a example, be sensable.

One thing you can't do which is against the rules is put any sort of message on the actual animation, do the animation with your team ,enjoy it,learn from it and thank your friends after the competition is completed, keep it anonymous just like the rest of the animation submissions.

Good Luck !! And happy animating to all

#3 06-01-2016 6:11 am

Omassem

Re: Question about collaborators

Thanks for clearing that up!

Board footer