#1 12-16-2015 6:33 am

art-of-tennis

Could We Start These Again?

Seems this section of the site is extremely inactive.  I was just wondering if perhaps this would be something that could get up and running again at some point?  I'd be super down to participate.

#2 12-16-2015 4:31 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Re: Could We Start These Again?

Essentially it just needs a person leading the way, really. It's work on the leader's side (as wolfor and penguin will tell you!) and not a lot of people want to step up to take that job at the moment. smile

I think the Admins are busy enough as it is, too, so chances are it will need to be someone from within the community, I'd wager.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#3 12-16-2015 8:46 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Eric, I think the mini or micro challenge needs to be something simple, doable in a week to a polished state. 

I would say any ideas you all come up with that you could see being done in that sort of time frame could be game.  No modeling, no texturing, no lighting, nothing but animation.  The idea is to simply give you something to do if you have the time but the time commitment still wouldn't be extreme.  Something to keep your chops up to date if you have down time sort of thing. 

Feel free to start a thread if you have an idea and see if people join in.  That's the best I could suggest at this moment.  Keep the thread title simple and to the point, perhaps follow other thread conventions and see what happens.  Good luck guys!!!

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#4 02-04-2016 7:06 pm

munish.animate
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 58
Productive!

pleaseee start it.

#5 02-04-2016 7:14 pm

RyanHagen