#1 08-15-2007 1:21 am

peng jie
Tipster
Karmojo: 28

Lift animation

Hi!

I have created  a lift animation. Give me some suggestions please.thanks.

http://pengjie.org/images/Lift320.JPG

Direct Link

(468 KB)

Peng Jie
Animator
pengjie.org

#2 08-15-2007 6:20 am

Mythsnlore
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79

Re: Lift animation

I like the punchy timing but I think it's a little forced on the lift and hold. I really enjoy the first dip a lot more, but the squish and flop at the end are also cool. The most awkward part to my eye is the big lift and hold.

Very nice work though. Keep pushing those skills.

#3 08-15-2007 8:45 am

Animatormax
Rockstar
Karmojo: 71

Great work, the movement looks really smooth.

I agree with Myths that the lift is your rockiest part. It just looks to easy all of a sudden, it just flys up there.
Part of this, I think, is due to the way the hands shift positions on the box. It's so quick that the hands just glide to the next possition of "palms under fingures out." Try adding a slight moment (there's always a moment...) in the big lift, and have it come to a rest at heart level then flip the palms under, rotate the wrist, so the figures face out, and use that power to hoist up the box up. This will add more natual weight to the look of your work.
Another thing I think could add would be an extra expression after he puts the box down in the beginning, right now he just comes down mad. You should show how tired he is, and his frustrassion/ determination to lift that box.

Keep up the good work. smile

The more you watch, the more you do, the better you will become.   

NewsboyNZ

#4 08-16-2007 12:32 am

def_shteph
Tipster
Karmojo: 26

You need to check the arcs on your root. Before the large lift, theres almost no downward antic. The weight has to go down and forwards before going up. Theres also a pop where the root hits a wall and shifts to screen right in the middle of the lift. Sorry I can't be more specific without frame numbers.

One or two more rounds of good polish and it'll look real nice.

#5 08-24-2007 2:57 pm

peng jie
Tipster
Karmojo: 28

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments.

Peng Jie
Animator
pengjie.org

Board footer