#1 10-03-2015 7:53 pm

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

October Competition Brainstorming Thread!

Well, I don't know about you guys, but finding something for this month that doesn't involve robed guys rubbing their glowing sticks against each other.

I shall be very curious big_smile

#2 10-04-2015 2:23 pm

TheManyMadMasks

Re: October Competition Brainstorming Thread!

Not to be that guy, but curious if anyone else noticed the sound clip starts with a lightsaber retracting and ends with one extending (starts off, ends on). Either way, lot of potential. Looking forward to the entries.

#3 10-05-2015 2:15 am

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

I am a big fan of stretching ideas creatively and pushing boundaries, but I'm going to be honest: This month's sound clip frustrates me. We don't need more light saber animations in the world. The majority of people aren't going to think outside the box anyway, so why make it that much harder? It's really sad to me that of all the possible audio in the world (sound effects especially!) this is chosen. Really discouraging. hmm

That being said, if someone DOES want to try something different, there are certainly options (as there always are). I would just like to see the audio be more like this and less the-most-recognized-sound-effect-on-the-planet.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#4 10-05-2015 5:12 pm

wellings
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51
Productive!

I don't care much about Star Wars so I guess I wasn't influenced by the sound. The first thing I pictured was a scientist in a lab and a ball of goop, like Flubber I guess. From now on I'll call the goopy ball Flubber.

I imagined the scientist opening some futuristic cage (the first sound) and then Flubber zooming out. Then Flubber realizes he's free and immediately starts looking for an exit, bouncing off the walls and causing chaos as the scientist ducks and covers to avoid him. Flubber eventually finds an exit door and the last sound is him leaving the room.

Just a different thought for you guys...

#5 10-06-2015 1:45 pm

Habili

#6 10-09-2015 10:45 am

ten_thousand_hours
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 55
Power Voter

I am not feeling inspired by this clip at all. very very difficult one. im looking forward to seeing everyones ideas smile

#7 10-09-2015 6:57 pm

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

Okay, how about this?

It's three aliens (or droids) talking to each other in three different dialects (the lightsaber open/closing sound, the humming and the clashing), this opens up ALL possibilities there are! You can do anything you want!
In this case, the challenge would rather be to carry the story even though we can't understand what the're talking about smile

#8 10-09-2015 9:46 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

wolfor wrote:

Okay, how about this?

It's three aliens (or droids) talking to each other in three different dialects (the lightsaber open/closing sound, the humming and the clashing), this opens up ALL possibilities there are! You can do anything you want!
In this case, the challenge would rather be to carry the story even though we can't understand what the're talking about smile

See now THAT is a cool idea.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#9 10-12-2015 2:57 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

How about an action shot, of a redneck sitting on a porch with a tennis racket bug zapper, and a fly is annoying him.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#10 10-16-2015 12:01 pm

P.R.DEB

Hi, some grate ideas there. How about a futuristic dance performance.. or Green Lantern catching Flash.

#11 10-16-2015 7:58 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

ericraffle wrote:

That's a awesome idea Ryan Hagen, are you doing that for your animation for this month?

Thanks, I wish I could, hell i'm still working on my entry from months ago in my here and there time.  I'm one of those people though that has 30 things on the table at once, so I need to prioritize my ideas and tasks or this will start getting a bit out of hand.  I'll be sure to enter another club entry soon, when the planets are aligned:D  Feel free to use the idea if you want, I have no plans in using it, just wanted to feed the cow.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

Board footer