#1 08-10-2007 5:40 am

heklopez
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 36

Multi-Shot Blocking

Hey guys,

Early stage of blocking. Any ideas you guys might have to make it better, please let me know. Still not sure if camera cuts are working.

Direct Link

Thanks.

Hector

#2 08-12-2007 6:46 pm

Animatormax
Rockstar
Karmojo: 71

Re: Multi-Shot Blocking

Hey Hector,

Your blocking looks really great, good foundation. I think the camera cuts work and might even be better if the second pair of them came in a little closer, to add to the build up of intesity.

Do you go to AniMent? If you do, could you tell me what you think of it?

Again great blocking,
Max

The more you watch, the more you do, the better you will become.   

NewsboyNZ

#3 08-12-2007 8:50 pm

heklopez
Upstanding Citizen

Hey Max,

Thanks for stopping by. I'll put that in with the camera.

I just completed the fourth class "Advanced Acting" at AM. For me that was the last class to take. The last two classes are were you create your own short and I felt that I can do that on my own without having to fork out $4000. Thats the only downfall at AM is that you pay everything out of pocket. They do have loans but you can only borrow $1000. As for the learning experience, I can only say that so far AM has been the only school were you actually get the skills to work in the industry. They run the school as if you were working in a studio. You receive your shot to animate, they tell you how long you have to complete it, once polished you turn it in and your mentor gives you a critique. You learn a lot and you get to meet people already working in the industry.

Hector

#4 08-13-2007 12:10 am

Animatormax
Rockstar
Karmojo: 71

Hector

Thanks so much for the input. It really helps. I hope to see your short someday on the forum.

Thanks again.
Max

The more you watch, the more you do, the better you will become.   

NewsboyNZ

#5 08-22-2007 10:46 pm

heklopez
Upstanding Citizen

Second pass. Very rough. I've started refining the body, still a lot to go. Comments are welcome.

Direct Link

Thanks.

hek

#6 08-23-2007 8:47 am

ydiaz
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 45

Hey Hek, really nice job on the clip, one thing that I would tweak is the pose of the beige character on the last phrase "but that's my final offer". He looks a little to static to me, maybe another look to the other character or a pointing finger at him? Not much else to say, except be sure to post the final shot. Keep it up!

-- Yeray

#7 08-24-2007 2:12 am

Gomez757
Celebrity
Karmojo: 68

Very beautiful, beautiful work!!! The one thing I have to comment on is that you are breaking the 180 rule. Green character is screen right looking left, then screen left looking right. Both characters keep switching positions after cuts. I have to say I completely love the animation work so far.(nothing to comment on the animation, cant wait to see it finished.

Last edited by Gomez757 (08-24-2007 2:13 am)

Board footer