#26 10-20-2014 7:46 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Re: Student Animation Thread [Post here!]

Well, it made me laugh! smile

I think it's still a little rough, animation wise, and could really stand from a few more poses and in-betweens. Still, as the style allows, it works in its own way. Good luck as you continue on it the rest of the month!

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#27 12-18-2014 10:09 pm

sgt. cortez

Greetings smile

Second animation I've done but I would appreciate some feedback on my entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BjhyJ3R0o

Feedback is important for my project evaluation so I need to know what you like/dislike about my animation and how it can be improved.

#28 02-18-2015 6:49 pm

gandy88

Hi there, Im a first year animation student, and this month we're meant to enter this competition.

First real peace of animation using flash, so here is a section on what I'm working with.
Any feedback appreciated (good or bad) smile Thanks

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rONF8iaRWYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct Link

#29 05-03-2015 9:38 pm

pato87

Hello, Im new here and Id like to get your opinions on this learning piece I did. Thank you!

Direct Link

#30 05-03-2015 9:40 pm

pato87

Hello, Im new here and Id like to get your opinions on this learning piece I did. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2qP_IGmTY

#31 06-13-2015 7:12 pm

sheyie

this is the 3rd or 4th pass for the body animation after moving from stepped to spline animation your critiques would be appreciated

Direct Link

Last edited by sheyie (06-13-2015 7:12 pm)

#32 09-09-2015 8:20 am

Nathan.Younger

Direct Link

WIP for September-
Any feedback would be appreciated. The animation is mostly major key frames for Marty's voice. Doc's character is just movement for staging at the moment.

Thanks!

#33 11-13-2015 8:38 am

midhi1234

the animation institutes in Indore where you can get understanding of principles of art and design, classical and digital animation, advanced character and special effect animation.

<a href="http://www.zicaindore.com/">animation institutes in indore
</a>

#34 12-23-2015 9:40 pm

ChiefAlphaGoat

Hope I can still post here. First time posting on this site, and this is my first animation.

Walk Cycle
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b447/Brandon_Dunbar/WalkCycle04_zpsylz40jgv.gif

In this update I made it so that his leading foot touches the ground before his trailing foot raises off the ground. I angled the foot outward, instead of them pointing forward. I also changed the timing for the peak of his height, so that it demonstrates his center of gravity better. I noticed that the left hand goes back further than the right hand, and that the timing is off. There is still a minor twitch when his right foot falls and I am unable to figure out a solution. Please help!

Each render takes about an hour due to my sub-par computing power, so minor changes will most likely be fixed in bulk if possible.

Comments and Criticisms welcomed, Help would be greatly appreciated

My apologies about the poor quality of the gif, I have yet to figure out how to export V-Ray renders as gifs and am using GIMP to put the pictures together resulting in slow animations and loss in quality. I also went with a low resolution as these are previews.

Last edited by ChiefAlphaGoat (12-24-2015 7:58 am)

Aspiring animator

#35 01-29-2016 6:35 pm

Rashadm1999

The two pieces of the controller sort of just float away from each other rather than snap or brake apart.

#36 01-29-2016 6:49 pm

Rashadm1999

The emotions from both characters are very clear from their facial expressions and their body language.

#37 04-13-2016 10:36 pm

RunGMC1995

This is my 11 Second 3D Animation of Sackboy from Little Big Planet, I had trouble with the rigging but it's better than nothing.
I hope you like it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GAR … mFSN01FQ2s

Last edited by RunGMC1995 (04-13-2016 10:42 pm)

#38 09-12-2016 3:56 pm

Jimothy

Hi, I've written a shooting script for this month's competition, any feedback is appreciated:

Set in a dusty, run down apartment living room, with a broken and stained sofa, peeling wallpaper, a coffee table in front of the sofa. The only source of light for the room is the TV, which is offscreen. Blinds cover the windows, and cracks are visible in the ceiling.

Voice 1 walks into shot from the left, wearing a vest, shorts and socks, with a slice of pizza in hand. She slumps into the sofa and rests both her feet on the table in front of her. Voice 2 stands behind her, dressed in a formal, business suit, looking through the blinds with a pair of binoculars.
Wide shot of Voice 1:
Voice 1: I mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA I thought everything was going to be different, I thought I was going to be this amazing spy, I’m just-
Voice 1 drops arms beside her and looks down dejectedly
Voice 1: -the same boring person I was before…
Voice 1 takes a bite of her pizza and looks sadly at the TV
Voice 2 turns to face Voice 1
Mid shot of Voice 2, behind her a nightclub can be seen through the window:
Voice 2: Well for what it’s worth, I think you’re brilliant as you are.
Mid shot of Voice 1, who has glanced upwards towards Voice 2, with Voice 2 being seen in the background:
Voice 2: You’re exciting
Voice 2 swings her arm in an excited gesture, Voice 1 rolls her eyes.

#39 09-12-2016 3:56 pm

Luxiecious

-Voice and 2 on a cliff at a full moon
- Voice 1 enters the shot
"I mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA I thought everything was going to be different, I would be this amazing spy, I'm just, the same boring person person I was before..."
-Camera looks over Voice 1 Shoulder towards 2
-Camera goes closer to voice 2
"Well for what it's worth, I think you're brilliant as you are"

#40 09-12-2016 3:56 pm

Suphanat Saengsangket

Hi, I would appreciate some replies and reviews for my script for September 2016 competition.

Background
Voice 1 is a female spy who thinks that her life is boring. She says this even when she is suspended on a line in the enemy’s hideout, surrounded by guards. Whilst she is on the mission of stealing the Sacred Salad from the enemy, she talks to her friend on the phone to try and sort out her “boring  life.

Voice 2 is voice 1’s friend, who knows about her secret double life. She admire voice 1 very much, even to an extent, where she spies on her. Voice 2 tends to wear a lot of makeup and bright clothes with cute accessories, so she can just be as exciting as voice 1.

Script.
The scene starts of with a mid shot of voice 1, who is suspended on a line in midair. Voice 1 is seen talking on the phone with voice 2 whilst trying to steal the sacred salad from the enemy’s base.

The shot then zooms out into long shot to reveal 3 ninja guards in the background looking at voice 1 confused.

Then the scene cuts into Long shot POV of voice 2, where the audience will see voice 1 hanging on a line in a room with ninjas. During this shot voice 1 will still be talking.

The next shot is a mid shot of voice 2, who is looking through the binoculars and smiling. At this point, voice 2 will be talking.

The final shot is a close up shot of voice 2 putting down the binoculars and smiles with a nosebleed, the scene ends.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this. please leave a review. Thanks ^^

#41 09-12-2016 3:57 pm

DrawnChorus

Heya, I've written a shooting script for this month's competition and would like some feedback if possible, Thank you.

Character designs:
Voice one - she is dressed rather obviously and looks out of place, quite chubby, looks sad, hair is dark brown under a hat.
Voice two - dressed for the party (undercover), is bubbly and smiles a lot, exaggerates movements when talking, highlighted hair.

Script:

(Both spies looking around party holding drinks, looking for clues - (pan camera towards them, 1st stands out as a spy. Full characters on screen to show the difference between them.)
Voice 1: I mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA I thought everything was going to be different, ( mid-shot of her looking through magnifying glass at someone's hand -is being overly obvious- person backs away.)

I thought I was going to be this amazing spy, (Mid-shot on 1st person who accidentally flings magnifying glass over shoulder)

I’m just, the same boring person I was before… (mid- shot to slight close up of her face as she talks, slowly and lights get dark and depressing)

Voice 2: Well for what it’s worth, (mid-shot of both, as the 2nd elbows 1st in side to get her attention)
I think you’re brilliant as you are. (mid-shot exaggerated smile)
You’re exciting! (light brightens when she says “exciting, party poppers explode and balloons appear)

Last edited by DrawnChorus (09-13-2016 8:47 pm)

#42 09-12-2016 3:57 pm

charlie_forbes1

I've written a student script. What does everyone think?
Voice 1 and voice 2 are sitting on a stylish sofa in voice one's house, they are sitting on the sofa with pizza and a glass of wine each having a little talk at a 35 degree angle.

Zooming onto voice 1 at a close up: I mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA I thought everything was going to be different…. (With a slight smile as her head is slightly tilted.)
...I thought I was going to be this amazing spy, I’m just, the same boring person I was before…
Voice 1, medium close up of her looking down. 

Confidently talks, voice 2 at a medium close up : Well for what it’s worth, (shrugs her shoulders) I think you’re brilliant as you are. You’re exciting!. As she throws her arms up with a big smile.
Long shot of both, voice 1 smiles confidently while voice 2 takes a sip of her drink.

#43 09-12-2016 3:58 pm

SoraHyakuya

Shot plan’s:
1.Bird on the left worm on the right, both facing each over. Mid side shot (making sure to see all of the bird and the worm).

2.The shot goes to a close up side view of the worms face when she say’s “I’m just" .

3.The shot goes to a close up side view of the bird when the second voice starts.

4.The shot goes to a mid-close shot (Make sure the entire worm is in shot) of the worm from the face as if looking through bird's point of view. This happens when the second voice says “I think you’re brilliant".

5.The final shot shows a close up of the bird's face as if looking from the worm's point of view, this happens when the second voice says “Exciting" .

What’s going to happen: For voice reference please check the site,

Following shot plan 1 the worm will speak first with voice 1 looking down at the ground with sad dreary eyes. Shot plan 2 will take effect when the dialogue get’s to “I’m just"  to help emphasis the feelings of …. The worm….   Shot plan 3 starts when the bird starts talking as voice 2 to help comfort the worm and the bird looks sympathetic. Shot plan 4 happens when the bird says “I think you’re brilliant"  and here you see the worm turn to food in the bird's eyes which clarifies what the bird’s really thinking. Shot plan 5 happens when voice 2 says “You’re exciting"  and it shows the bird with its eyes hypnotized by hunger and drool flood from it’s mouth.

#44 09-12-2016 3:58 pm

graceault.1

Ive written a student script if anyone could reply give me some tips and advice on what you think I could improve on...
Thank you

Voice 1: 
Shoulder shot/close up of dog slightly looking down to the ground
(mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA)

Dog looks up at a 45 degree angle at mother.
(I thought everything was going to be different, I thought I was going to be this amazing spy)

Looks back down but head isn't as down as first position
(I’m just, the same boring person I was before…)

Voice 2:
Camera zooms out puts mother dog into shot making voice 1 dog smaller
She is looking slightly up as if keeping an eye on a bird
And she leans and turns her head into the direction of the smaller dog whilst keeping her eye on the bird
(Well for what it’s worth)

Turns towards smaller dog
Camera turns to slightly off side on to the dogs
(think you’re brilliant as you are.)

Looks dog exactly in the eyes
(You’re exciting!)

Appearance: Dogs both have black and brown coat. Voice 1 is slightly smaller than the other. Voice 2 is older with small grey hair over her face to define the difference between them both and their age.
Shots: Whole scene will only have the top half of the animals bodies as the animation is focused on what they are saying.

#45 09-12-2016 4:00 pm

Suphanat Saengsangket

Hi, I would appreciate some replies and reviews for my script for September 2016 competition.

Background
Voice 1 is a female spy who thinks that her life is boring. She says this even when she is suspended on a line in the enemy’s hideout, surrounded by guards. Whilst she is on the mission of stealing the Sacred Salad from the enemy, she talks to her friend on the phone to try and sort out her “boring  life.

Voice 2 is voice 1’s friend, who knows about her secret double life. She admire voice 1 very much, even to an extent, where she spies on her. Voice 2 tends to wear a lot of makeup and bright clothes with cute accessories, so she can just be as exciting as voice 1.

Script.
The scene starts of with a mid shot of voice 1, who is suspended on a line in midair. Voice 1 is seen talking on the phone with voice 2 whilst trying to steal the sacred salad from the enemy’s base.

The shot then zooms out into long shot to reveal 3 ninja guards in the background looking at voice 1 confused.

Then the scene cuts into Long shot POV of voice 2, where the audience will see voice 1 hanging on a line in a room with ninjas. During this shot voice 1 will still be talking.

The next shot is a mid shot of voice 2, who is looking through the binoculars and smiling. At this point, voice 2 will be talking.

The final shot is a close up shot of voice 2 putting down the binoculars and smiles with a nosebleed, the scene ends.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this. please leave a review. Thanks ^^

#46 09-12-2016 4:02 pm

maxwellmcewen

I have written a shooting script and would appreciate and and all feedback smile

A long shot facing a couple in bed.

Voice 1 and voice 2 are cuddling in bed, watching TV when voice 1 starts rambling without looking away from the TV. Voice 2 looks at voice 1 when she starts talking.

*Voice1*: I mean when I gave up teaching to join the CIA I thought everything was going to be different, I thought I was going to be this amazing spy, I'm just, the same boring person I was before ...

Voice 2 starts shaking her head slightly towards the end of voice 1's rant. Voice 1 looks up at voice 2 when she starts talking.

*Voice 2*: Well for what it's worth, I think you're brilliant as you are. You're exciting!

Voice 2 give voice 1 a forehead kiss, they smile at each other and then go back to watching TV.

#47 09-18-2016 8:56 am

chezniewalters

So, I wrote a shooting script and would appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer, thank you!

V1 & 2 sitting at a classyish bar with a warm colour scheme - mostly featuring reds and Browns.
The first camera shot is of both voices, you can only see just above the end of their rib cage as the bar table covers the rest (camera is from the POV of a barman) V1 looks sad and her eyes are looking down.
As V1 begins to say ‘I thought everything…’ The camera, at a moderately fast speed, zooms into her left eye so the whole screen is black from her pupil.
A white form comes up like a reverse raindrop and forms a small ninja doing a kick jump thing.
As she finishes the word boring, the white silhouette forms a blob and the camera zooms back out to the shot of both voices.
V2 moves her arm to have her hand on V1’s back in means of comforting, she has a soft look on her face.
When V2 starts begins to finish the words ‘as you are’ the camera zooms in to just her.
When she says the word exciting, she grabs the air and pulls down, similar to a reverse air fist.

#48 09-19-2016 12:06 pm

chezniewalters

Here's some concept art for this months entry, what ya think?

http://i.imgur.com/9HwtQyF.png
http://i.imgur.com/fCawGkk.png
http://i.imgur.com/LUsEeBQ.png

#49 09-29-2016 9:10 pm

DrawnChorus

Here are my character designs for this months competition,uploaded it a bit late due to working on the animation. Any helpful criticism would be appreciated, so I can note down mistakes and work on them for next months.

http://i.imgur.com/lrdEjN4.jpg

Voice 2

http://i.imgur.com/fAas2vE.jpg

Voice 1

#50 10-28-2016 12:22 am

Barbs

Hello everybody, I'm new here in 11 second, so, if I post anything in wrong place, please correct me.

So, I decided to participate of this month competition. But I'm student yet, and I'm late, so, I decided to post my WIP here.

About my animation, it is a blocking yet. The idea consist in two guys talking, one is human and the other is the real devil. And this devil calling for "Vlad", the monster of tentacles to show more costume options for the human. (I need to do  the animation of the tentacle yet hahaha).

I will really like if someone get me some advices or critics.
Thank you everybody.
smile

Direct Link

Last edited by Barbs (10-28-2016 12:29 am)

Board footer