#1 11-04-2013 5:04 pm

a-brian

Missed October competition - what should I improve?

Hi everybody! I couldn't get to upload my animation before the october deadline, so I'm posting it here. If any of you could please tell me which things should I improve, it would be great smile thank you!

Direct Link

#2 11-12-2013 12:01 pm

paulfelty1

Re: Missed October competition - what should I improve?

Hiya, You have some good motions in there. The shot is laid out nicely and you can clearly see what's going on. A fair bit of it seems static, you have some good head and arm animation in there but the body (hips and chest)  seems to be held unnaturally. You need to keep the body alive as it rarely stays completely still. Also I would recommend working on your frame spacing as some of the movements jolt and come to a complete stop, this generally doesn't happen unless your animating a body popper smile Like the scene though! Some of the facial work is great !

#3 11-13-2013 2:03 am

a-brian

Thank you so much! Now that you say it, I can see that I didn't spend too much work on the chest, and the hips actually dosn't move too much neither. Now I know that, I'm going to improve this animation and definitely apply the same concept to the next competition! Thanks again paul (:

#4 11-16-2013 12:00 am

paulfelty1

No worries my friend! I'm still working on this clip myself smile I just like the exploded line. I'll post a W.I.P soon. Its good to plan out each movement, then blocking the key frames and make sure you make your arcs nice and clean smile Post the revised version up ASAP wink

Board footer