#1 07-28-2008 8:33 am

yam
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 55

Proud Man

Hi, All!

This is my WIP: Lowman is proud about his son, maybe too much. I try to make it a dialogue with spectator, You, through the camera eye. Itīs better finished until frame #200, and quite draft after that. A lot to do yet, the eyes, lipsinc, hands... and I need a final gag too... sugestion?

Any C&C are very welcome. Regards

Direct Link

Last edited by yam (07-28-2008 7:02 pm)

#2 07-28-2008 9:40 pm

joshSobel
Celebrity
Karmojo: 63

Re: Proud Man

I think he looks down too much towards the beginning, blocking a clear view of his face.  Try rotating the head up a bit on a few of your keyframes.

#3 07-30-2008 1:23 pm

yam
Model Citizen

joshSobel: Yes, I agreed. I change his poses not so down on this version.

Update: I need to finish eyebrowns and curves yet... Any C&C?

Direct Link

Last edited by yam (07-30-2008 1:27 pm)

#4 07-30-2008 7:33 pm

natalie
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

Cool style in behaviour and speech. Weldone.

Shush and gamble!

#5 07-30-2008 7:46 pm

munkyshyan
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 38

Hello yam!
I like the outfit. nice touch, and you did a great job of pulling the "refined gentleman" feel in his poses and mood.
First, I would try to stay away from repeating the same gesture twice in the beginning, and the body also needs more follow-thru on those two gestures. His hands and arms move but don't pull the motion through into his body. on his hand sweep in "ever been" I would try to hit a pose in there somewhere, it feels a bit floaty...OR I would take the sweeping motion of his hand to a more exagerated level."my son has a gift" I would really try to pull his hand out a bit more from his body. by this point, his hand has barely broken his silloette very far. I think you could exagerate this much more without losing the refinement of the gentleman. I like the finger pinch pose though...good character. After this point you really started exagerating his motion, and the animation becomes much nicer. aside from keeping your eye on his body(and all parts) but body especially for "dead frames" where nothing moves or where movement hits "invisible walls" the second half is nice. I like his final cocky gentleman smile. Nice work.

Nick

#6 07-30-2008 10:26 pm

yam
Model Citizen

Hey, Natalie, thank you.

munkyshyan: Thank you for specif comment, it helps a lot, realy; and Iīll use them in the next update. I agreed about the gestures at the beginning. Iīve already changed a bit the hand poses at "ever been" and "my son..." in the update bellow, let me know what do you think. I think he loses a bit of the gentleman touch after eyebrowns animated...

Hereīs some facial update:

Direct Link

Last edited by yam (07-30-2008 10:36 pm)

#7 07-31-2008 2:26 am

mattmkelly
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 35

hey yam... this is a pretty interesting style you have goin on here...
i do think that his head is movin around a bit too much and  you're not really hitting, easing into, and holding poses too much but that might just be a style decision.. (mainly talking about that first deep breath he does (35-70)

he also seems to just be saying the line without any emotion on his face except.. happiness?  interesting take

#8 07-31-2008 4:54 pm

yam
Model Citizen

mattmkelly: Hey, thanks for comment. No, itīs not a style, but my inexperience... I donīt know how to deal very well with holds. But yes, itīs the character personality to express through moving head more than body. Dead line is today, but C&C are always wellcome. Regards

Board footer