#1 06-07-2013 8:49 pm

piyush mehta
Productive!

Am i loosing quality after rendering??

Hello friends i really need your help as i have no idea about how to render a proper shot.So i am posting the playblast of my final shot which is actually the same  animation which i posted in previous competition just one difference it was rendered .Can you please tell me if i am loosing the Quality by rendering.If yes then how much difference would that make to my position in the competition

Direct Link

#2 06-07-2013 10:11 pm

threedsnack
Celebrity
Karmojo: 69

Re: Am i loosing quality after rendering??

Honestly, the change from your render to your playblast is so minimal that I can't see it changing the way people look at it (also, just fyi, with this playblast version your aspect ratio is squeezing Malcolm). All I see is the background turning a bit darker with your original rendered shot.

To me, a good layout/composition is heck of a lot better than great rendering with poor layout/composition. With work such as this shot I'd do something more with the scene, rather than a white wall and bars. Looking at your latest entry you have a TON of empty space above Malcolms head. You seem to have fixed it a bit with this playblast (is that camera jump on purpose?), but it still feels like an odd composition. Take a look at films and study how they stage actors/props. Rule of thirds is your friend.

Also one last note - make sure the character reflects the voice... make it believable. The voice with that particular shot you did has fine movement, a little rough around the edges (looks like you have a few little jumps/"twitches" in there) but the voice doesn't reflect his gestures/attitude. Again, I think the biggest factor with this competition is believability, not necessarily through lighting... that's how you'll gain the crowd.

"Adapt and overcome." - Viggo Mortensen

website

#3 06-08-2013 6:23 am

piyush mehta
Productive!

Thanks threedsnack thats all what i wish to hear.the white space which you can see in my rendering is not intensional actually whenever i render the camera view somehow it automatically zooms out in my rendering.Actually all the entries i have submitted were rendered at the last hour before the closing or starting of the next competition.SO i have to compromise with the quality of rendering as well as composition which i saw does make difference to other entry i have seen some mind blowing entries which are behind those properly rendered.

I know i am lacking the believability factor as well as the twitches that you mentioned what i was worried about how much the other factors like rendering and composition hurting my rank.I'll definitely work on the believability factor much rather than other non animation ones now.thanks.:-)

#4 06-08-2013 11:14 am

piyush mehta
Productive!

Hi there madfrog i do check in the camera view in the render preference setting and it does render the same view but some how camera zooms out in the render as compared to the playblast creating white space:-(

#5 06-08-2013 11:31 pm

threedsnack
Celebrity
Karmojo: 69

View > camera settings > Resolution gate - try that.

"Adapt and overcome." - Viggo Mortensen

website

#6 06-20-2013 5:11 pm

piyush mehta
Productive!

thanks  threedsnack..i'll try that while rendering my this months entry and will let you know..:-)

Board footer