#1 10-06-2012 8:06 pm

paint4filbur

Oct. WIP

So, this is my very first 11SC competition. I am self taught in maya, and looking to improve my animation skills!

I am looking for feedback. Rip it to shreds. smile 

Direct Link

Last edited by paint4filbur (10-07-2012 5:28 am)

#2 10-07-2012 5:14 am

paint4filbur

Re: Oct. WIP

Premise... fairy-tale land where newborns are gifted a mask, the source of their personality. One man is born without a mask. Ashamed, he travels from town to town collecting the masks of others embodying different personalities. The man hears of a place, the place where all the masks ever made are made. On his journey to find the mask maker, he meets an older man who claims to be able to help the younger man find the mask maker but the older man has an agenda.... he is searching for a very specific mask in the younger man's overwhelming collection.

Scene... night, woodland, both men sit in-front of a campfire to take a break from their journey, with the wagon of masks behind them. Young man holds his most recently stolen mask, and dreams of what his own mask will be like. Old man trys to win the younger man's trust.

#3 10-07-2012 6:47 am

TaiBo
Productive!

I like the way the shot is set up with all the scenery. The acting is good too. The biggest thing I'd say is larger, snappier movements. Hold a pose, then quickly move to the next and hold that pose. Think of it like boxing...stick and move! stick and move! tongue

Overacting with the body language can really help. Often times people might think a movement is too overacted, when in animation it is just the right amount of exaggeration. A great example is September's winner. Quick, many poses, energetic, exaggerated, and very bright.
http://www.11secondclub.com/competition … 12/winner/

Hope this helped!

Last edited by TaiBo (10-07-2012 7:07 am)

#4 10-07-2012 4:13 pm

paint4filbur

Thanks TaiBo
smile awesome visuals. I am going to work on it right now. stick and move ... stick and move!

#5 10-07-2012 4:50 pm

TaiBo
Productive!

haha, no problem. here is another great example. it's almost entirely facial acting, the movements aren't as large, but they quickly move between poses.
http://www.11secondclub.com/competition … try/mEJEkC

Board footer