#1 09-19-2012 4:44 am

wellings
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51
Productive!

Sept entry spline/lipsync

Helllooo everyone! So I'm giving it another go this month.
I decided I really want to try and focus on facial animation and lip sync this time around, hence why the shot is from the waist up.
It's pretty much in the final stages at this point with just minor cleanup and secondary motions such as hair left to do.
I'd love to hear some feedback on what I can do to improve it. I want to push it to that next level so critiques are highly appreciated smile

Direct Link

#2 09-19-2012 5:41 am

characteranim78
Celebrity
Karmojo: 63
Productive!

Re: Sept entry spline/lipsync

Nice stuff dude!!! The big stand out things for me is that on her head turns here upper body/shoulders are not reacting much, I know she is locked or cuffed to the chair,but it still feels like there should be some kind of shape change happening in the upper body, I see you have some shoulder movement so maybe just a lil change and rotation up the upper chest, and I am just getting nit picky, and could be wrong, it looks like you have a little of it happening towards the middle to the end of the shot, so maybe just make sure that is carried all the way through. Also the fingers movements all feel timed the same so maybe just a lil variation in that to break up the movement just a tad, LIp quiver is a nice touch! I'm totally stealing that LOL. Her head on "coming" hits kind of harshly, and there is something a lil weird on the rotation of her head on "Maybe tomorrow isnt..." I also am not sure about the head dropping down on "live a little..." OK thats all I gots, cool stuff man!!!

D!

Don Dixon
Animator
Reel Fx Animation Studios
Blog:http://www.dondixon.blogspot.com

#3 09-19-2012 6:03 am

wellings
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51
Productive!

Re: Sept entry spline/lipsync

Sweet thanks a lot! I'm working on some of those changes as we speak smile
Fingers def need to be improved, just added those at the last minute. I'm toning down the harshness of both "coming" and the "maybe" right after that. The rotation during "maybe tomorrow" is one of those things I noticed in my reference. My head rotated as it came down rather than just coming straight down and I kind of liked that. Maybe I didn't capture it properly here. Torso needs some work, although it would be pretty subtle I guess.
Taking your advice on "live a little"...I like head drop but maybe if I lessen it and keep her eyes looking up toward the person she's talking to it will work better.
Thanks again!

Board footer