#1 09-02-2012 8:34 am

alvarez123

Sept. Ideas

Hi eveyone.
i have a few ideas for this month.

1st idea: A super hero got frame and set to jail. Theres a newspaper showing what the hero got frame for.
hero talks: Maybe tomorrow really isn't coming. And maybe...just maybe..I've earned the right to live a little before I die.
Then cam shows another newspaper that has a pic of the super hero doing something good. Hero saids: Haven't I?
I was thinking there could be a lawyer o a detective.

2nd idea:
A war solider, inside her tent/room. She has a recording device in hand. When she's done talking, she puts the device down and grabs her weapon, ready for battle.

my last idea was a huanted house. character will be holding the cam, recording herself. As she talks, in the background, you see a silhouette growing and growing. As she saids: Havent I?" she looks over and by her facial expression you can tell something scary going to happen.

Thats about it. I want to get some adivce or critiques.
Thanks

#2 09-02-2012 9:31 am

pollywoggles

Re: Sept. Ideas

Personally, I like your second idea.  It's simple, fits the text, and relies on only a few props. 

Your third idea sounds to me like it could work as well.  It sort of reminds me of the Blair Witch Project,  the I'm-so-scared scene.

Personally, I'm not quite liking the first idea.  As described, it's complex.   The 11 second scene seems like it would get bogged down in back-story, as well as those to two inserts (of newspaper headlines).

Paul

#3 09-02-2012 9:56 am

jebarajpaul

i like the 3rd idea especially the growing silhouette part...

Everything comes to the man who waits...

#4 09-02-2012 12:57 pm

GREENBERET
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 57

Hey i like your second idea most.

#5 09-02-2012 2:08 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Watching your first entry, I think you should pick whichever you believe is the least complicated in this case. Some of the basics are missing in your first entry, such as a sense of weight, so I'd suggest worrying a little less about concept and a little more about getting those Principals of Animation REALLY spot on. You want a fun concept you're going to like, of course, but you want to also pick something where you can make the animation the real front-and-center of what you create.

Good luck with it!

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#6 09-03-2012 6:30 am

Skyefish

the third one seems like it has a lot of potential for some crazy animation however if you arent too comfortable with the principles yet i would def follow the previous dude's advice and pic your favorite idea. good luck and happy animating tongue

i will sleep when i'm dead :-P

#7 09-03-2012 6:29 pm

alvarez123

Hi everyone.
thanks for your feedback. I'm going to go with my second idea.
When I took an animation class, I did had the hadit of turning a simple project into a very complex project, and it didnt turn out too well sad
I agree with JKR and pollywoggles, just keep it simple and focusing more on the Principals of Animation.

#8 09-03-2012 7:53 pm

powl77

Good call, I too overcomplicate things.
This clip has got such a lot of emotion behind it, cutting back and forth between the newspapers would have hurt it overall (I like the concept otherwise though, if you were able to cut the audio and stretch it out a bit or something).
Love the haunted house, but again I'd have chosen that and spent all my time doing a crazy set, so the army one seems like the best choice for focusing on some great animation.
Best of luck!

Board footer