#1 07-24-2007 5:02 am

veeda21
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 32

any advice for the noob here? :)

Hey Everybody,

This would be a first time for me posting a few of my work in progress that will be in my demo reel this upcoming September.  So if anyone can give me any feedback that would be great and where my weakness are or just any advice for me, it will be appreciated.  Thanks.  Next month i will be participating in competition.  I heard a lot about the 10 seconds club, and never had the chance to enter. Can wait for this one.

Here are the links...

Direct Link

(second try at lip sync)

Direct Link

(green goblin type)

Direct Link

(action scenes)

-Veara Suon

this FACE! EVERYWHERE!

#2 07-25-2007 3:33 pm

parafan

Re: any advice for the noob here? :)

Hey there.. no replies yet.. that seems odd here.

Some of the work is impressive, at least in my eyes.

It does seam like the animations are all about gross motor movements and a lot of very quick camera changes.  I would think toning down the big actions and concentrating on some really good small subtle actions could help round this out.

The lipsinc interaction and acting looks great... the believability that they are actually saying the words is not quite all the way there though...  similar to above... a few less big actions.. and some better small ones might help.

parafan

#3 07-25-2007 7:19 pm

veeda21
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 32

Re: any advice for the noob here? :)

Hey parafan,

Thanks for responding, I was really hoping to get some feedback and I'm glad you took the time to do so.  I'll going to try to tone it down a bit for the fight sequence, I know I have a lot to do.

For the lip sync, you think you can help me out here where it doesnt seem believable that they're saying the words.  I really want to make it everything feel right.  Thanks again.  I hope I get more feedback from others.

- Veara Suon

this FACE! EVERYWHERE!

Board footer