#1 05-07-2008 10:42 am

silent_samurai

Newly Graduated Animator

I've just kind of lurked around here for a while. Now I think it's time I became a more productive member of the animation community. HA HA ... anyhoo ... I thought I'd post up my website and reel and get some feedback on it. I plan on being a regular, because I don't want to just soak up a lot of great information without giving any back you know.

Anyway, let me know what you think ... my website is  www.brettdavisanimator.com

and the direct link to the portfolio page is .... http://www.brettdavisanimator.com/BD_An … _Main.html

Thanks for looking. smile

#2 05-07-2008 5:00 pm

elgibson
Celebrity
Karmojo: 63
Productive!

Re: Newly Graduated Animator

hey Silent S i gotta say your poses are really good. you might want to practice some timing and spacing exercises  like the ball bouce, etc.....it seems the computer is controlling your inbetween shots which is giving your animation a floaty feeling.

keep up the good work

Elliott

#3 05-07-2008 6:42 pm

LiannaS
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 52

the 'bear' animation really brings your reel down, you should nix that clip. Otherwise I can see some really good potential here. I enjoyed your first clip very much smile The cowboy standoff seemed like it wasn't playing real time....either that or some other thing is making it seem really slow. I like some of the attention to detail. Your 2d animation was good, but a little tough to read with the background so solid there.

#4 05-07-2008 8:40 pm

threedsnack
Celebrity
Karmojo: 69

Cool man .  I like your demo reel thus far big_smile. This is the perfect place to chill if you wanna learn and grow smile (and help others). Looking forward to seeing your future work!

hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you graduate from?

Last edited by threedsnack (05-07-2008 8:40 pm)

"Adapt and overcome." - Viggo Mortensen

website

#5 05-07-2008 10:16 pm

silent_samurai

Thanks for the feedback guys ... I graduated from the AAU in December.

#6 05-08-2008 2:04 pm

Nicole
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 46

Your reel is coming along nicely, but you need to go back and tweak those first two shots more and get more of a feeling of weight in there because some of the gestures feel floaty and I agree with elgibson that it's because your letting the computer control to much.  I'd loose the bear shot and I may even cut the other pencil test out as well, it's cool but I feel it could be stronger, but that's totally up to you.  Keep up the great work!

#7 05-08-2008 10:48 pm

silent_samurai

What specific areas look floaty?

Board footer