#26 07-11-2010 12:59 am

DanCe3d
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 52

Re: MC Week 5 - Walk Cycle - Start 7.4/End 7.11

Ryan, that looks a lot better.

Strive beyond the obvious... there you will find ART.

www.angelostacatalina.blogspot.com

#27 07-11-2010 1:55 am

Kreator
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

We're going to get rid of the blocking/blocking+ rule starting tomorrow, since everyone seems to be able to get past that in the allotted time.

#28 07-11-2010 3:04 am

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Kiopaa:  Nice work,  I think DanCe3d's sketch over has some good notes in it, I also think you can push the poses on the contacts a little more, the shoulders look very rigid at the moment, I think you could add some flexibility to the spine and twist them a little more, working the reversal a little,  same with the hips, not much, I think that would change your walk too much, but just a bit, really nice walk!!!

totoro:  Nice work, I like the squash.  I think you need to watch your arcs in your hips, they're rotating back and forth at the moment, but there's no arc, the hips also drop and raise in the walk, this will add a lot to it.  You could also vary the timing a bit, it's very up down up down, it needs to be more, uuuuuuup down uuuuuuup down...does that make sense?  Nice work, keep rockin!!!!

dangarnett:  Nice work, really fun walk!!!  I think you could get some stronger figure 8's in your arm arcs, it's great, but that in my opinion would push it a little further, you could also leave the feet on the ground a couple of frames longer and raise the heal some to give some force to the push off there. The hips look like they're hitting a bit of a wall on the up frame,  you could probably push that hold key up just a hair to keep it organic. I love the overall feel to it, great work!!!!

zombryn:  Good job, as it is right now I think everything is hitting at the same time.  I also agree about the feet, they feel a little floaty coming down at the moment. Your spacing in the hips could use a little work, right now it feels like he's got a bit of a limp, you can still keep it varied like you have it, maybe just not as strong.  I like the mood you're putting out with this one though, he feels either very determined or ticked off. 

DanCe3d:  Nice work, pretty confident fella there.  Really like what you have going on with arms, looks good.  I think you can push his hips a little more in the extremes, he's feeling very rigid there, just back and forth and some up down but very little "twist" in them.  I would also bring his feet closer together when planted and pull them out a bit on the pass, but keep them closer to the center line when shifting the weight, leaning him a little on each side. I like what you have going on with the head, even though you said you didn't touch it, I think that it works as is, maybe with a little overlap, but I like the general feel of it. Great job.

RyanHagen: You're a fool.

Wismeier:  Looks good, I would start with looking at the hip/shoulder relationship first, then start working your way out from there.  You've got a good beginning, you just need to go in and work on some things.  You could use some good overlap in the arms/hands and in the spine.  Everything looks very locked into place at the moment.  Definitely a good beginning, keep rockin!!!!

Tom boslooper: Nice work Tom, I like that you chose a double bounce.  I think you have some spacing issues right now in the hips, there's some jerkiness going on in there that I don't think is intended.  It looks like you have his hips going back in his walk on the double bounce in places. Also there's a noticable pop in the shoulders/neck/head area, probably caused by the spacing issues you have in the hips. Overall I would check your arcs as well.  I think you've got an upbeat walk going here, just needs to be pushed a little in places.  Keep rockin!!!

Great job everyone, nice work.  Look forward to future challenges, can't promise i'll participate in all of them, but I will definitely make an effort to hop in on them.  Thanks for the feedback on my walk. 

Added: Just read the blocking/blocking+ post by Camaro.  I didn't read the rules fully and that's my fault, I like the idea of showing it, and would keep it in there.  Just my .02  Thanks for running the show here!!!!

Last edited by RyanHagen (07-11-2010 3:09 am)

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#29 07-11-2010 9:27 am

Tom boslooper
Celebrity
Karmojo: 65

Update on the double bounce walk:

Direct Link

#30 07-11-2010 6:45 pm

Ethrendil
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51

Lookin good Ryan. I like the changes overall. The dropped hands lend to a much more casual look to the walk. You lost some of the determined swing to the arms, but I think the newest test is far greater. Excellent overlapping on the fingers and the tail now has some bounce! Definitely a walk cycle to be proud of.

#31 07-11-2010 7:09 pm

totoro
Model Citizen

RyanHagen
Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions.
I will fix it.

#32 07-13-2010 2:41 am

kevsan002
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 51

hello everyone! I'm new here..
here's my entry.. I'm trying to make an angry walk.. sorry, i know its late.. I'm just looking for any comments and advice.. thanks!

Direct Link

#33 07-14-2010 4:41 pm

JorJorMogBoy
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 30

Nice! Everything looks good, except that your not using a human rig is kind of working against you, since you can't make his knees rise up very high since they'll go into his spherical body.

#34 07-14-2010 8:16 pm

TaylorH
Participator
Karmojo: 7

DanCe3d wrote:

here's my entry.. i didn't animate the head and there is still a a bunch to polish but i ran out of free time at work..
This took around 4 hours of dedicated time to do.

Direct Link

That is simply amazing! Where did you get that rig? smile

#35 07-15-2010 8:32 am

DanCe3d
Model Citizen

its actually a studio rig.. the rig is actually pretty fast and the face setup is extensive..

Strive beyond the obvious... there you will find ART.

www.angelostacatalina.blogspot.com

#36 07-15-2010 2:21 pm

JorJorMogBoy
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 30

I did an entry over the weekend for this too.  Didn't post because I went over the time limit and missed the deadline.  I was trying to do a "goofy guy trying to look cool" walk.

Direct Link

#37 07-27-2010 12:04 pm

comicsserg
Celebrity
Karmojo: 61
Productive!

Direct Link

Last edited by sergok (07-27-2010 12:09 pm)

Serg Bel.

#38 08-14-2010 5:26 am

abhimanyu thakur
Participator
Karmojo: 7

Board footer