#1 06-25-2007 9:09 pm

Georg
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

June - wip

Hello Everybody,

Here's my first blocking for the june competition. It's my first try on lip sinc animation.
I would love to hear what you think about it and if it's going in the right direction.

June_WIP_01

#2 06-25-2007 10:48 pm

eric s
Administrator
Karmojo: 26
Administrator

Re: June - wip

Hey Georg,

I like the sync you have going on here so far.  It looks very Aardman-y... though, that could be because of the prominent teeth.   smile

I'd say that the biggest thing that catches my eye is the lack of any big "OOO" shapes.   If you have this kind of flexibility in your rig, see if you can make a very small, circular lip shape in the front of the mouth.   You can use this shape for "o" sounds like "No" and "Town."   Another place that "a small "o" shape will come in really handy are with "w" sounds.   Like "Wish" and the second part of "town."  That's really all a "w" is, after all: a mouth saying "ooooo"   (try it out: ooooo-ish / wish)

So that's the first place I would start.

Also, if you have any tongue controls, see if you can get it in front of the lips on "Life" and "Living"

The "F" in "life" looks GREAT.  I love that.   Very very nice job!

When you do the "M" shape in "I'm," see if you can hold that for at least two frames, if not more.   Closed mouths (like M's and B's and P's) usually need at least two frames to read properly--otherwise, it might just look like a quick flash on the screen.

Those are some basics... I hope that helps.  smile  I look forward to seeing your next pass!

- Eric

The world is full of diamonds; go out and find them.

#3 06-29-2007 4:30 pm

Georg
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: June - wip

Hi Eric,

Thank you for these great tips.
I hadn't much time to work on this animation but I have tried to improve the things you told me.
Hope you like it.

Direct Link

Board footer