#1 10-07-2007 10:57 pm

Gimble
Celebrity
Karmojo: 68

A Question Thingy??

Hello!

This is my first post so I would just like to say that I'm REALLY happy to see this site up. I was a big fan of the 10SecondClub! I'll have to read through the forum a bit to find out the founders but a big thanks to the guys who set it up! Wicked! Will pass the word on!

Anyway my question was about the voting system and how does it work?

When I was voting for Septembers anims, I didn't complete the whole 63 entries because it was taking ages for me to download them. So basically I rated only half of the anims before I could rate them anymore. Well that then seems unfair for those who didn't get rated because of slow download times.

I'm wondering if this happened to other people too? I've just been watching the rest of last months anims and some of them are really good! Well done to Bruno Celeg„o Monteiro who I rated a 7 but there were others I would have rated higher. I think his animation was one of the first 10 anims to rate. I wish I could have rated the others too.

I really like the sound file this month.. good choice! I'll be entering this one wink

#2 10-08-2007 12:08 am

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Re: A Question Thingy??

Hi Gimble!  Sorry the downloads were slow, we've done everything we can to make them fast (small file sizes, fast video server, efficient site), but it's still a lot of video to watch, and that can take time.  smile

The good thing is that the voting is set up so that voters don't have to rate all of the entries for it to be fair.  The 10 that you saw aren't the same first 10 that other people got, it displays them in order of whatever's been viewed the least when you begin voting.  So that means that even if everyone only votes for 10 entries each, all 63 entries get an equal number of ratings.  During September voting, every entry got either 363 or 364 votes, none of them got left behind. 

Of course it's best if voters can rate all of the entries, but even if they can't, it still ends up being fair to the entrants.  smile

#3 10-08-2007 12:28 pm

Gimble
Celebrity
Karmojo: 68

Re: A Question Thingy??

Hi Aja!

Now everything makes sense. Cool! Thats a good system you have.. as long as everybody gets the same number of votes. It made me wonder last night how it worked.

Well keep up the good work you've done for this site! I like it a lot.. probably better than the old 10secondclub site!

Thanks smile

Board footer