#1 06-20-2007 2:57 pm

ju3d
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 30

Juliano Bezerra - June

Hi guys!

I'm new here and i just want learn a little bit more.

That's my blocking animation, comments please.

http://www.ju3d.com.br/

thks

#2 06-20-2007 3:10 pm

Claymation
Celebrity
Karmojo: 61

Re: Juliano Bezerra - June

Hey Ju3d, nice start!  So far she looks really busy in the beginning, especially her hands.  I would try to maybe pick one or two strong poses in there. 

Also to help build contrast, maybe try having her legs close together and slanted down for the first half, then after she gasps she can pull them apart like you have them now.  Or vice versa I guess.

#3 06-21-2007 2:22 am

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Hi Juliano!  Off to a good start!  smile 

The first thing I notice is that you have the mouth opening and closing about 3 times more often than it needs to for this audio track.  Try video taping yourself saying the words along with the audio, and watch what your mouth does.  It probably moves a lot less than she's moving now.  smile

And like Clayton says, you have way more poses than you need in this blocking, particularly when she says "town".  I'd keep her in that pose much longer before having her shift back to screen left.  You'll also want to work more on her fingers, which right now are staying in pretty much the same pose the whole time.  Fingers are an area where you really get a lot of "bang for your buck", so even just adding a couple of more more hand poses will make a big difference in your shot. 

Good going so far, keep it up!  smile

#4 06-21-2007 2:49 am

heklopez
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 36

Good start. This dialogue calls for subtle acting. You can get away from exaggerating certain words, but for the most part I would keep the movement to a minimum. Especially at the begining, try not to move the character too much. Other than that, it's looking good.

-hector

#5 06-22-2007 7:32 pm

ju3d
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 30

Thanks Aja, Heklopez and Claymation for feedbacks...

I did some changes but when i was animating the blocking animation i didn't save the project.
So i finished it the way it was.. sad

Thanks again!
The next i'll correct the block first to fix the curves.

#6 06-23-2007 2:03 pm

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Hey Juliano, no problem, but next time you work on a shot, check out Maya's "incremental save" feature.  It automatically backs up your file every time you save, so you can always go back to previous versions.  I use it all the time!  smile

Board footer