#1 04-21-2009 10:30 am

ari
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 54

8_bosses_WIP_acting_shot

hi!
Just started with this acting scene blocking stage no breakdowns yet.. few poses done. Check out!! and give me your feedback! I will keep working with it..as I get some comments! Thanks! smile

Direct Link

Last edited by ari (04-21-2009 10:32 am)

#2 04-21-2009 1:08 pm

Dapoon
Rockstar
Karmojo: 74

Re: 8_bosses_WIP_acting_shot

hey ari i really like this! i like the gesture when he says "eight different people" at 0:05secs.  a few things i can point out here is that u shud hit the accent when he says "...tell me" in the end. i mean the gesture shud end WITH him saying "tell me", not after that.

i'd also wanna know what his mood is in the clip. is he frustrated that he has eight different bosses, or is he calm composed about it and simply showing off? just my thoughts but i feel u might lose your audience a bit there, cuz he looks like a mixture of all the emotions i listed out. like, in the beginning he looks frustrated and tensed (when he says "i have eight different"), then he changes to calm & composed ("bosses right now"), then to intimidated ("when i make a mistake"), and so on. see it mite work, but it's just that i feel keeping him in ONE state of emotion wud be better, esp in scenes like this.

anyway keep going! u're doing great! smile

Last edited by dapOOn (04-21-2009 1:12 pm)

Wanted to be an animator. Became a cartoon.

dapoonrai.blogspot.com

#3 04-21-2009 2:45 pm

ari
Model Citizen

hi! dapOOn
The dialogue ends with "..tell me about this!" not rendered yet in that preview.. so it should work out..lets see..
Anyways,when someone will have eight bosses he will become crazy! lol
In the beginning he should be looking frustrated, tired ..trying hard to find a way out...tell his friend the unbelievable sad story..about his 8 bosses and their eight different views..on his same mistake, he should certainly not showing off! I know the end part where he says " ..tell me about this" looks like that..I will fix that part. Thanks!

Last edited by ari (04-21-2009 2:51 pm)

#4 04-25-2009 1:39 pm

ari
Model Citizen

Hi!
Almost done with my animation..I am working on the lip sync a little here and there so..check out! and Give you comments, feedback..you are most welcome.

Also I will now start work on the lighting..so you may give few suggestions on that too!
There is some problem with vimeo...the audio in the end is missing. The dialogue ends with "..tell me about it!" Anyways,check out

Direct Link

Also I have uploaded in youtube..so those who like, you may see it in here as well :

Direct Link

Thanks!

Last edited by ari (04-25-2009 1:41 pm)

#5 04-25-2009 3:54 pm

B-Rad
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 30

Very nice work! very strong gestures throughout. Thought to me when it gets to the "I have 8 different people coming by to tell me about it" it seems to loose a little of the I wanna say strength of the poses you have there, the beginning part looks great though. Maybe it's just another look at the graph editor to really push to poses or something, unless he's just switching moods when he gets to that part.

btw what rig is that? I swear I had it at one point and now can't find it and wanna see if it would be good for the animation I'm planning.

#6 04-25-2009 5:27 pm

Dapoon
Rockstar
Karmojo: 74

wow! it's come out really well!

one thing i can ask u to change RIGHT away is the timing of the gesture when he says "eight different people" (0:05 secs). make him do that gesture the MOMENT he says "eight different people". right now he starts off with that gesture before he says it. so i feel it doesnt go too well. if u make him do it AS he says the line, it'll really hit the accent well! try it!

it's always inspiring to see gr8 animations coming up! keep going!! wink

Last edited by dapOOn (04-25-2009 5:27 pm)

Wanted to be an animator. Became a cartoon.

dapoonrai.blogspot.com

#7 04-26-2009 9:01 am

ari
Model Citizen

B-Rad wrote:

Very nice work! very strong gestures throughout. Thought to me when it gets to the "I have 8 different people coming by to tell me about it" it seems to loose a little of the I wanna say strength of the poses you have there, the beginning part looks great though. Maybe it's just another look at the graph editor to really push to poses or something, unless he's just switching moods when he gets to that part.

btw what rig is that? I swear I had it at one point and now can't find it and wanna see if it would be good for the animation I'm planning.

Thanks ! Let's see..how much more I can push the poses..Anyways, about the rig! Well!  this is one of my favorite rig and you can  get it here:

http://sites.google.com/site/normanrig/

And if you want to modify the rig or the character...take a look at this article:

http://animationbuffet.blogspot.com/2008/03/norman.html

Hope that is helpful! And all the best for your next animation! smile

dapOOn wrote:

wow! it's come out really well!

one thing i can ask u to change RIGHT away is the timing of the gesture when he says "eight different people" (0:05 secs). make him do that gesture the MOMENT he says "eight different people". right now he starts off with that gesture before he says it. so i feel it doesnt go too well. if u make him do it AS he says the line, it'll really hit the accent well! try it!

it's always inspiring to see gr8 animations coming up! keep going!! wink

hi dapOOn,

Thanks!! ya, I agree with you! I need to shift those poses a little..well I am working on those now..

Any suggestion on lighting anyone ?
Thanks a lot again guys! Glad you like it! smile

Last edited by ari (04-26-2009 9:47 am)

Board footer