#1 10-18-2017 3:25 pm

Slothsin
Power Voter

Animation query

There is one simple question i wanted to ask.. I am preparing for a showreel.. so i have to complete a couple of animations as soon as possible.. I am working on several animations at a time.. like first going through blocking phase of the animations.. so my question here is.. should i animate several file at once or only one at a time.. i get quite bored working on the same file for long enough. sad
Is it bad to work on several file at once?
Please tell me what do you think.

#2 10-19-2017 9:26 am

Easy619
Productive!

Re: Animation query

Every one is different. Some people can easily work on the same shot until it's done before moving on to the next. Some can't. It's all personal preference. Kind of like some people block out shots hardcore before going into spline some don't.

Last edited by Easy619 (10-19-2017 9:28 am)

"Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." - Will Smith

#3 10-19-2017 2:23 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

When I first entered a production environment I was used to doing one shot at a time, and that bit me in the ass pretty hard, the thing is that while you're waiting for feedback on blocking from your first shot you should already be blocking the second and third shots. I got used to working on different shots at the same time and it really improved my productivity.

-Zeth

#4 10-20-2017 6:35 am

Slothsin
Power Voter

Thanks Easy619 and zethicus.. i guess i should keep working this way and find my own flow smile

#5 10-25-2017 6:20 pm

Animationalerts

Hi Slothsin,

From my own experience, i will say focus on one shot. BEcause even if you send your showreel to companies, what they will be looking for is either how strong your acting is presented or how strong your body mechanics are. Even 30 seocnds are enough to grab the of the studio guys.

Since you are applying for a job, Make it short, strong and try to be very clear over what you are trying to present.

When you will reach company, you will work on many kinds of shots which will test your skills but for now focus on one shot at a time and make it perfect. This is my advice for you.

http://www.animationalerts.com/

Best of luck.

#6 11-02-2017 7:31 am

Slothsin
Power Voter

Animationalerts wrote:

Hi Slothsin,

From my own experience, i will say focus on one shot. BEcause even if you send your showreel to companies, what they will be looking for is either how strong your acting is presented or how strong your body mechanics are. Even 30 seocnds are enough to grab the of the studio guys.

Since you are applying for a job, Make it short, strong and try to be very clear over what you are trying to present.

When you will reach company, you will work on many kinds of shots which will test your skills but for now focus on one shot at a time and make it perfect. This is my advice for you.

http://www.animationalerts.com/

Best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestion! I always find it hard to work on single shot but you are right.. maybe I should try to be more focused smile

Board footer