#1 07-24-2017 10:15 am

bentraje

Modifying the Child after executing Parent Constraint.<Solved>

I have this hammer parented constraint to the hand. At some point, the hammer rotates while in his hand independent to the rotation of the hand. However, when it is in the parent constraint, I am unable to modify the transform values.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

The only solution I have so far is make a duplicate of the hammer rotated and just keyed in the visibility of the first hammer. However, I am unfraid that this would clutter my outliner in the long run. I would prefer that the rotation be just done in the original hammer.

#2 07-24-2017 10:59 am

random_person

Re: Modifying the Child after executing Parent Constraint.<Solved>

If you want to completely cancel the constraint for an interval then you can go to where you applied it and change the "Blend Parent" value to 0 for that interval.
If you want the constraint to still apply but you need to modify the hammer's movement then basically you need to use the hierarchy structure so that if the constraint is applied to the group "hammer", then you have another group under this one which you can then move freely.

#3 07-24-2017 4:31 pm

bentraje

That work out just what I needed. Thanks for the insight! Random person.

#4 07-25-2017 3:02 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

Try having the hammer parented to a curve, that's parented to another curve. The upmost curve should be parent constrained to the hand and then you have the second curve with free transforms to do whatever while still following the hand big_smile

-Zeth

Board footer