#1 06-07-2017 11:03 pm

zethicus
Celebrity
Karmojo: 66

The Station WIP

Hey guys, been working on this for the past 3 days, it's still a blocking WIP, but I wanted to get your feedback, comments and critique.

Thanks!

Direct Link

-Zeth

#2 06-13-2017 8:33 am

IvanMendozaMedina

Re: The Station WIP

Paisano! Awesome job so far mate! Subtle action. Great sense of weight. Great timing. I can't find much to be improved. I can picture you already in the top 3. Keep up the good work.

#3 06-13-2017 10:04 am

snuffymcsnuff

Blocking's looking real nice for sure! Just not sure about the staging, it's a little straight and sorta cramped at the moment, especially for the character on the right. I think moving the camera out just a little might help, but then you might lose some detail in the facial animation, so it's up to you really.

#4 06-13-2017 5:11 pm

zethicus
Celebrity

IvanMendozaMedina wrote:

Paisano! Awesome job so far mate! Subtle action. Great sense of weight. Great timing. I can't find much to be improved. I can picture you already in the top 3. Keep up the good work.

Hey Ivan! Gracias! I'll be having an updated WIP this evening. Thanks a lot!

snuffymcsnuff wrote:

Blocking's looking real nice for sure! Just not sure about the staging, it's a little straight and sorta cramped at the moment, especially for the character on the right. I think moving the camera out just a little might help, but then you might lose some detail in the facial animation, so it's up to you really.

Hey Snuffy, I'm having second thoughts about the camera too, maybe even having a moving one but I don't want the camera to kill the animation lol. A frieng suggested a much closer camera, but it's a bit difficult because George is too tall, Jackal too short and Dennis is well.. a dragon. Lol. I'll see what I can do for sure. Thanks!

-Zeth

#5 06-13-2017 9:16 pm

zethicus
Celebrity

Hello guys, here's a new WIP, please feedback and critique are needed! I need some advice with cameras, I've been animating with the old camera but before I go any further I feel like I need to decide between the old camera, a new camera that I've made or even a new camera suggested by you. I would appreciate it if you could help me choose.

Here's the blocking with the old camera:

Direct Link

And here it is with a new camera:

Direct Link

I like the new camera because we can read their facial expressions a bit better but we lose the taps on the shoulder (It isn't that bad because if the audience can feel the taps it works for me).

What do you guys think?

Edit:

I ended up doing it from this angle, what do you think?

Direct Link

Here's a link to the animation on syncsketch:

https://syncsketch.com/playground/48e09 … d03#196255

Last edited by zethicus (06-13-2017 11:47 pm)

-Zeth

#6 06-14-2017 2:28 am

IvanMendozaMedina

Yeah I still vote for the A. As "boring" as it might be I think it reads better.

#7 06-15-2017 8:13 am

snuffymcsnuff

I think CamC works a lot better, but you're right about the taps losing impact. I think the more concerning thing though is that the officer's (or superhero's?) face gets obscured by the dragon as he's tapping. I'd try either reworking that action so his torso breaks out of that silhouette (so his head isn't obscured) or if it's doable, rotate the camera back around just a little.

Last edited by snuffymcsnuff (06-15-2017 1:27 pm)

#8 06-21-2017 1:08 am

zethicus
Celebrity

Quick update!

Direct Link

Still got lots to work on!

-Zeth

#9 06-28-2017 12:17 am

zethicus
Celebrity

Hey guys. Been splining this far and I think this will be my final spline pass before I start polishing. I need to go over shoulders, fingers, contacts, eyes and blinks mostly for this to be polished IMO. I may model something very blocky for the background, or draw it. Don't know yet.

Direct Link

Feedback and critique are welcome!

-Zeth

Board footer