#1 02-13-2017 2:01 am

IsabelA

February Competition WIP

This is my WIP for the February competition, still adding to the block out, no facial expressions yet. Let me know what you all think, feedback would be very helpful thanks!

The girl is talking to her boss when she notices that there is some fish out of their fish bowl. (Still have not added the fish or fishbowl yet)
https://youtu.be/6iwLC3f_pL4

#2 02-13-2017 9:57 pm

elgibson
Celebrity
Karmojo: 63
Productive!

Re: February Competition WIP

Hey Isabel...I get your concept...cool! At this stage its a little floaty...but understandable...just keep going.  Looking forward to seeing more.

E

#3 02-20-2017 2:45 am

IsabelA

Thanks E, here's an update on my progress  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xahrc20tgaA
Anymore feedback is greatly appreciated

#4 02-20-2017 6:19 pm

BMitch

Hello Isabela!
I think overall your animation looks nice. One thing about the camera, maybe you have heard about the 180 degree rule, you might hear about it later but is it important because it makes the story clear if you don't break it. I know the last shot it is supposed to be some fish on the table, but you can get the same view if you will have the camera from woman's left shoulder. This way you will not break the 180 degree rule as well as you'll have the aquarium framed in between man and woman (and you can make the character posses nicely point to the fishes).
About woman's animation, generally I think the posses read well. You'll need to add some shift weight in her legs/pelvis. She emotes pretty much with her upper body but her pelvis are too frozen (add some rotation in Z as well)
The man animation is nice, looking forward to more breakdowns. I will suggest for the last shot when the man talks, he seems a bit stiff, his arms are doing great, I guess is the problem of his chest and pelvis they almost don't move.
The last thing would bee to add some blinks smile

#5 02-22-2017 12:22 am

m4ng0

Hello IsabelA!

Your WIP is looking nice and I get your concept idea! I would say to animate Mery (subtle animation) even when we are just seeing her from behind. Add in some more pause/holds so the audience can get the feel of how the character is feeling. But keep on going! You got this.

#6 02-22-2017 9:50 am

vimal

work on your camera angle..in the frst frame it looks like thy boh r in a same height,,,bt in the second frame thrs a drastic  change ...that is confusing...try to change the first frame as a low angle short...i hope it may work.

merys legs and hip looks nailed...try to move it.

chk the eye direction for both characters...

add sum more poses for a clear performance....ALL THE BEST

Board footer