#1 08-01-2016 8:07 am

Po Mai

July too late to submit

to everyone

Hi my name is Mai.

I didn't manage time to upload the video on time but if you guy don't mind having a look at my animation too, i'll be very happy.

Thank you smile

Here's the links :

Direct Link

#2 08-01-2016 7:18 pm

SergioCanRam

Re: July too late to submit

Wow, I would say yours is better than the average animation this month!

Congrats! smile

Sergio Candela Ramírez - Animator & Coffee adict
www.SergioCanRam.Com

Truth is...You can do whatever you want... So..Do it! smile

#3 08-01-2016 8:43 pm

cloudwilk

Hey, no worries. I'm in the same boat XP I'm definitely going to finish mine- I'm practically there, afterall.

As for your work, here's what I have to say:
Watch your arcs. The arcs on the first guy when he was lifting up felt unnatural. Also, that last position confuses me. It's kind of a mob of emotions that I don't entirely understand. The other thing that sticks out to me, too, is the guy screen right reacts a little too drastically for what he is saying. It would've been better to just leave him leaning in the back of his seat.

The thing I like the most from your shot is the 'my tearducts melted shut' part.

#4 08-04-2016 6:38 pm

evgoddard

Hi, I agree with the above comments from cloudwilk, one thing I would add is that when the guy on the right sits up his hands seem to be directing the eye off to the right side of the screen. In my opinion it would make more sense to point his hands to the other character or stay centered. try to watch out for where the viewer's eye is going. In general though, it looks like a fairly well done piece and it's too bad it didn't make it into the contest. Keep it up and there is always next month! smile

#5 08-07-2016 10:58 am

Po Mai

Love to hear that you guy like my work big_smile and thank you for all the advice, I do learnt a lot from it and I'll try keep it up. Cheers!!

#6 08-07-2016 6:43 pm

ericraffle

I like your idea and flow of things, the only things that seem to not flow for me are your hand and arm gestures, some smoothing out and arcs are in order, and some gestures need a bit more shape, good work otherwise. . cheers

Good Luck !! And happy animating to all

Board footer