#1 04-07-2016 12:10 pm

mani_199
Celebrity
Karmojo: 67

whats is the problem in my animation

hi there,
Actually quite DE-MORALIZE due to low score as expected in last compitation . i tired at my level best...but i want to know what and where is really PROBLEM in my animation where i am lacking.....because i can't see any problem

story board--message convay.
Acting
Body mechanics
Facial (expression+lipsyn)

Please help me out regarding in which AREA me gonna lacking....

http://www.11secondclub.com/competition … try/0cFJ6q

#2 04-07-2016 8:14 pm

Hrw716

Re: whats is the problem in my animation

Hey, Mani! You do have a lot of good things going, especially for saying you don't have much experience, but I'll point out the things I noticed.

The biggest problem in my opinion is that you have cliche acting choices. The girl points to what she's talking about, the woman does that big gesture for "no", the woman puts her hand to her head for "thinking", she brings her hand to her chest when she gasps. These are all cliche. I assume you used reference for this, but when I shoot reference I usually record myself at least a dozen times, then I go through and I try to find the most interesting, natural acting I have, and if it's not good I'll re-shoot it.

Some of your lip sync doesn't match the audio.

You're starting to put some nice subtlety in the face, but there are a few things you can do to make it better. At frame 32 you have one eyebrow going up and it should affect the other eyebrow. Same with frame 232. The eyebrows should be working together. This is a good post about eyebrows: http://www.carlosbaena.com/resource/res … brows.html
Also, when you blink your eyebrows are affected.

You have some nice stuff going with the eyedarts smile

You're offsetting the eyelids which is fine, but it's a little too offset. At about frame 242 it looks like a glitch.

At frame 196 her bottom hands looks a bit claw like and her fingers flex in and out which looks odd.

It's a lot of stuff, I know, and it can be demoralizing. I've had the same feeling recently with my animation, but keep at it! You're definitely going in the right direction.

#3 04-07-2016 9:35 pm

ericraffle

Every good animation stems from a good acting scene, if you don't have good acting skills and you don't think up of new and unique ideas for your story people are going to look it and think its too common or to predictable, its when you think outside the box is when people will say wow that's a good acted out scene but if make very predictable acting choices is when people will look at it and won't bother, you can be the best animator in the world and if you have poor acted out scenes then you won't get very far in the competition. 

Tyipically your first idea will be wrong as you have listened to the audio and that's the first idea that pops into your head, think about things that other people wouldn't think of, even ask other family members for advice, I can't tell you how many times I would sit with my mom or brother or sister and discuss my idea and they would always have a different thought process to me that I never thought of and then I build on that ,

If your going the video reference yes make as many different acted out scenes and look for the best gestures or poses available, you can never go wrong with video reference but then again don't rely fully on video reference as there are certain princibles in animation where you should bend the rules a but like exageration, if your going to make your character fall make him fall with some exageration, if your acting out a scene where the person is being a pig eating hot dogs don't put one into his mouth put five , its those kinds of things that will attract your audiences attention as they know its almost impossible but it makes it more enjoyable to watch,

No mater what animation you do if you can't feel the emotion yourself then it needs more work, if your scene is meant to be a funny one and you don't laugh at your own animation then it needs more work, all these things and more,

How to set out your scene to maximize your audience attention, if you want your audience to see your character crying then make your camera shot very close to the face that the audience will see that emotion,

Try not to avoid animation parts as if there are two characters meant to talk work on the one character just as hard as the other, even if your pressed for time to submit your animation, we as the audience and animators ourselfs can see or notice when there is more work done on something then something else in your scene, so try avoid that, as with everything in life you need a balance diet, and finding that balance in animation is very hard.

But the most important thing is to enjoy animating your scene because if your not enjoying animating or acting out your scene then your animation will never be the best for that month.

Last edited by ericraffle (04-07-2016 9:37 pm)

Good Luck !! And happy animating to all

#4 04-08-2016 9:31 am

mani_199
Celebrity
Karmojo: 67

Thanks.

Now my mind is gonna open after reading your reviews....that actual problem is Acting choices (should not be cilche) and emotions .....well let see next competition. hope it would be helpful for me to next competition.

Board footer