#1 12-09-2015 10:11 pm

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

December Competition Brainstorming Thread!

Sorry I'm probably too late for posting this, but I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, plus I don't have an internet connection at my workplace hmm

Anyway, if still someone wants to brainstorm, storm ahead!

#2 12-10-2015 12:34 am

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Re: December Competition Brainstorming Thread!

I blame you for me not contributing:D

I think people have probably already settled on their ideas and I think we discussed it a bit in the other thread so i'll just forward you to there...

http://www.11secondclub.com/forum/viewt … p?id=29144

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#3 12-10-2015 4:26 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Too busy for US? Wolfor, I'm hurt. Hurt deep. Bleeding even. There is an open wound on my stomach where I appear to have been stabbed by scissors!

Oh. Maybe that is the pain. But there's emotional pain, too, from your terrible forgetting of us. And I'd wager THAT is the pain that's causing me to black out right now. Not blood loss. FRIENDSHIP loss.

sad

Anyway, let's get some of the easy answers out of the way:

Little kid crying over X.

Okay, so that's the thing that's going to be 95% of the entries this month! Now we can move past it and see what deeper wells we might draw from.

- The voice sounds like a small girl (because it is) so it will be tricky to move away from a little kid. Not impossible, though. First, we can make the little kid non-human, and that's a start. Beyond that, though, other things might sound like a little kid. What about an adult who has been huffing helium out of balloons? Maybe a fairy of some kind, who just sounds young and innocent? Or an angel, or a eunuch. Lots of options!

- There are a number of things we can latch onto here. You've got the "cry" angle to play with, or the "cloud" or the "castle." The easy answer, obviously, is to put a castle on a literal cloud. That's a little too easy, though, yeah? Why are we even brainstorming if that's the case? So what else can we do with "cloud?" Maybe cotton candy. You could have a kid eating cotton candy, and a small roach or germ making a home on top. Marshmallows are like clouds, so maybe we run in the direction of hot chocolate. Ooo, or you might be able to do something at a wedding... "On a cloud" could be something with a wedding cake, maybe, and the little figures at the top. (Just early ideas, flowing freely here.)

- You could have the singing be off camera. Maybe they are at an elementary school play, and the scene is actually a dad trying not to fall asleep, or checking his phone in secret or something. This is hard to pull off, but still an option! And in brainstorming, we don't strike down options. We come up with MORE.

- Maybe the kid singing is a purposeful distraction. Some poor little orphan who is working with a pickpocket or thieves, and she is singing just so that people stand and admire her in the cuteness of it all while in the background nefarious acts are taking place.

- You could zoom inside the brain of a kid and animate the brain singing. That would be unique.

- As always, the more guns you can put in a scene the better job you're doing. (Kidding. Please, please understand I'm kidding.)

Anyway, those are just me sitting here for five minutes tossing around concepts. A good creativity session lasts way longer, so keep thinking everybody! smile

EDIT: Also, I just realized I don't think I ever told folks here that I wrote a book on creativity, and one of my biggest inspirations was actually participating in these brainstorming threads right here! So forgive me for a moment, and I will shamelessly plug that book (it's on a pay what you want model and everything!) because if I don't sell the copies sitting in my office my wife will be mad and not let me self publish all the other books I want to in the future. smile
eBook: https://gumroad.com/l/15-day-creativity-ebook#
Physical copy: https://gumroad.com/l/15-day-creativity#

Last edited by J.K. Riki (12-10-2015 4:32 pm)

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#4 12-10-2015 6:37 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

ericraffle wrote:

Anyway just thought I would share my idea and hopefully I have enough time this month to finish it in time.

Sounds pretty cool! Hope you manage to fit it into the schedule. smile

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#5 12-23-2015 3:34 am

zhongdongmedia

Hello, everyone, is there any website for competition of Modeling and texture ? Kindly pls tell us ,Thank you very much!smile

#6 12-23-2015 3:56 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

@zhongdongmedia,

CGSociety has the hardcore modeling challenge.  I believe it's done monthly.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=208

3dTotal also has a modeling challenge, and I also believe it's done monthly if not more...

http://forums.3dtotal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149

e-on has a yearly environment competition....

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/showcase/competition/2014/

I'm sure if you do some digging on google you can find plenty more.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#7 12-28-2015 6:12 am

zhongdongmedia

@RyanHagen
Thanks for your help. smile

#8 12-28-2015 9:04 am

zhongdongmedia

@ericraffle
Thanks for your help:)

#9 01-01-2016 5:06 am

acolors
Productive!

I have no read all ideas here ... no time ....just want to say it is the 1st time I see singing in the
competition history here if I'm not mistaken.
I had a look at the archives of 11secondclub but not recall singing.
So,
11secondclub organizers
....................................what next ?
...................................................How about a stutter dialogue or monologue
that would be my suggestion to get members here to the next level ...............LOL
cheers
acolors or acolours
Ps.
Happy 2016 ....cheers !!!!

Board footer