#1 11-01-2015 12:26 pm

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

November Competition Brainstorming Thread!

Hi!

So, here we go again, brainstorming our brains out!

By listening to it the first time, the image that came to my head first is a soldier at a grave, doing the winery 'I lost that buddy because of the bad boys and partly because of my incompetence' bit you usually find at the beginning of the third act of every war-hero movie.
That dead buddy is then rising from the grave with a distinguished and highly sophisticated sigh telling him of the perils that lay ahead.

Typing this took about 10 times longer than comprising the idea, I'm just telling you that so you don't think that this idea is very original, because it isn't.

Lets see what you guys come up with!

#2 11-02-2015 5:03 pm

Wegg
Power Voter

Re: November Competition Brainstorming Thread!

My brain came up with someone being tortured. . .  and the evil dude is preparing his next device of pain as he says "You will be".

OR!

A new teacher preparing to walk into a classroom for the first time and another teacher who is retiring warning him that we will be afraid after he walks in there.  Complete with a few kids doing crazy things.

#3 11-02-2015 5:22 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Just going to throw things here.

skydiving
swimming
advertising exec and artist
student talking to test
bmx rider
two dudes playing a card game(magic or whatever it's called)
rock climber
muscian of some sort or perhaps a roadie talking to the guitarist type of thing

more to come...

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#4 11-02-2015 7:08 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Eric, I would check animationbuffet and see if you can find a rig on there.  If not, personally, I would make the "bones" that make up the part of the arm/hand that you're going to see and parent them to an existing rig and hid the original geo.  If that makes sense.  If not, let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#5 11-04-2015 12:49 am

benny777

Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf !!!big_smileD:Dbig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile:

#6 11-04-2015 3:16 pm

silbrandir

I am too afraid my idea is too...adult to really participate. It sucks because i think it really goes quite well with the dialogue sad

#7 11-04-2015 6:31 pm

kpatel

The things comes in my mind when i listened the audio first time , is like, an old man is just going to leave this world  and He has shared  so much experience  and training to the guy  who gives surety  to him that I won't let you go down and so on...... we could take any place or situation or games  ect. like RyanHagen  mentioned  above. smile

"Creativity is always from the beyond"

#8 11-04-2015 8:40 pm

silbrandir

I'll have to do an animatic. But if i were to explain in words....
A young man tells his lover he's not scared of the intimacy to come. His oldercompanion lets him know what exactly he has to deal with?
I have no idea how to express this, about who i'd be offending or whatever. I know in my normal life it would be totally ok to talk about sexuality and whatever, but like the rules sorta say, this isnt really the forum?

#9 11-05-2015 9:01 am

silbrandir

Its cool i'll probably have to sit this one out anyways. This month i'll have to start a 4,5 sec/day project, and during the weekends i have family functions with the in-laws. I think michel gondry is also filming something in my city this weekend. Maybe i'll just wait for next month for my vacations to try again (tho... I really love star wars and i'd love to do both)

#10 11-05-2015 9:35 pm

BugsBunnySan

ericraffle wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a skeleton hand? I have thought of an idea that could work well for this months audio but I want to just focus on animation and if I have time then lighting and stage but this month I want to use pre-maid rigs as I want to try and push my animation as I always use up a lot of my time modeling and rigging so this month I want to be free from that, so any help to finking a decent skeleton hand would be greatly appriciated. Cheers and see you all in the work in progress.

How about that zombie rig Sony Pictures released for free? This one: https://secure.sonypictures.com/animati … bmissions/

Looks like a rather skeletal hand.

#11 11-08-2015 2:01 am

BugsBunnySan

ericraffle wrote:

awesome suggestion, I might just use that rig , thanks smile

Good luck! smile

Board footer